The NBA Summer League announced the All-Summer League Teams on Wednesday, and while Chris Duarte of the Indiana Pacers should have made the first team, he was shockingly left off of the second team as well.
The former Oregon star who was drafted with the 13th overall pick of the Indiana Pacers in the NBA Draft last month had a stellar NBA debut in Las Vegas, Nevada.
He posted stats of 18.3 points per game (on 48.3% shooting from the three-point range), 4.0 rebounds, 3.8 assists and was a defensive stopper with 2.5 steals and 1.8 blocks per game.
Those numbers were worthy of the first team, but second team should have been a lock.
The full list of players that made the second team can be seen in a Tweet that is embedded below from the NBA Summer Leagues' Twitter account.
Full List Of The Second Team:
- Cade Cunningham (Detroit Pistons)
- Luka Garza (Detorit Pistons)
- Jalen Green (Houston Rockets)
- Paul Reed (Philadelphia 76ers)
- Patrick Williams (Chicago Bulls)
Duarte averaged more assists, steals and blocks than Green, while only averaging two points less.
He also played four game as opposed to Green's three.
Duarte's summer in Las, Vegas, did not get the proper credit it deserved.
Related stories on NBA basketball
- PACERS DRAFT CHRIS DUARTE: The Indiana Pacers drafted Chris Duarte out of Oregon with the 13th overall pick in the 2021 NBA Draft. CLICK HERE.
- PACERS TRADE FOR ISAIAH WASHINGTON: The Indiana Pacers made a trade with the Washington Wizards to get the 22nd overall pick, which was Isaiah Jackson out of Kentucky. CLICK HERE.
- RICK CARLISLE SPEAKS ABOUT NEW DRAFT PICKS: Indiana Pacers head coach Rick Carlisle spoke about new draft picks Isaiah Washington and Chris Duarte. CLICK HERE.
- HEAT BRING BACK VICTOR OLADIPO: Victor Oladipo is headed back to the Miami Heat, according to The Atheltic's Shams Charania. CLICK HERE.