The Indiana Pacers announced on Sunday morning that they have made a trade with the San Antonio Spurs (see Tweet below from the Pacers).
Full Trade Details Below:
According to Scott Agness of Fieldhouse Flies and Tony East of Forbes (see Tweets below), the Pacers were also able to create a trade exception in the deal.
Pacers Get: Future Second Round Pick, Trade Exception
Spurs Get: Doug McDermott, Future Second Round Pick and Future Second Round Pick Swap
More on the trade can be read here from the Pacers.
Before the deal had become a sign-and-trade, The Athletic's Shams Charania reported on Wednesday that the contract for McDermott is 3-years, $42 million (see Tweet below).
Some notes on McDermott:
- Played three years for the Indiana Pacers
- 29 years old
- 11th overall pick in the 2014 NBA Draft by the Chicago Bulls
- Played for the Chicago Bulls, Oklahoma City Thunder, New York Knicks, Dallas Mavericks, Indiana Pacers
- Averaged a career high 13.6 points per game with the Indiana Pacers last season
- 40.7% career shooter from the three-point range
- Nickname is Dougie McBuckets
- Averaged 13.6 points, 3.3 rebounds and 1.3 assists per game last season
The Spurs also announced the acquisition of McDermott in two Tweets below.
Some highlights from his career season with the Pacers can also be seen embedded below.
Related stories on NBA basketball
- PACERS DRAFT CHRIS DUARTE: The Indiana Pacers drafted Chris Duarte out of Oregon with the 13th overall pick in the 2021 NBA Draft. CLICK HERE.
- PACERS TRADE FOR ISAIAH WASHINGTON: The Indiana Pacers made a trade with the Washington Wizards to get the 22nd overall pick, which was Isaiah Jackson out of Kentucky. CLICK HERE.
- RICK CARLISLE SPEAKS ABOUT NEW DRAFT PICKS: Indiana Pacers head coach Rick Carlisle spoke about new draft picks Isaiah Washington and Chris Duarte. CLICK HERE.
- HEAT BRING BACK VICTOR OLADIPO: Victor Oladipo is headed back to the Miami Heat, according to The Atheltic's Shams Charania. CLICK HERE.