EAST RUTHERFORD, N. J. -- Giants quarterback Daniel Jones was present and accounted for on the team's practice field this morning, but other than stretching with his teammates during the part of practice open to the media, it's unknown at this point how much he was able to do.
Giants head coach Joe Judge said that the plan was for Jones to practice this week.
"From the information we've been given he's cleared to practice today," he said.
"In terms of his availability for practice and getting ready for the game, that's what we're doing right now."
It was unclear as to whether the quarterback will be able to take his full workload but Judge did say Jones has not been ruled out just yet.
Giants GM Candidate Interview Tracker: Seven of Nine Candidates Interviewed
Here are snapshots of the names linked to the New York Giants' general manager search as well as when they went through their initial interviews.
Giants Complete Interview with Ravens Director of Player Personnel Joe Hortiz
The Giants are almost done with their initial round of general manager candidates, having met virtually with Ravens Director of Player Personnel Joe Hortiz via video conference on Saturday.
Unveiling the Most Telling Numbers of Another Lost New York Giants Season
The Giants 2021 season was a colossal disappointment, and these are just some of the numbers that were among the headliners of yet another wasted year.
"We're not going to rule out anything right now," Judge said. "Daniel's going to be at practice today. We expect him to practice tomorrow and Friday as well. We'll see what he can do. It's like any injury coming out of the game--we'll just see how it goes.
Judge was asked if there was a concern that Jones's injury was potentially season-ending.
"At this moment? No," he said.
Jones is scheduled to speak with the media after practice.
More from Giants Country
- NFC East Week 12 Wrap-up: Cowboys on a Mini Skid, Eagles Falter
- Giants Drop in MMQB Power Rankings After Eagles Win
- Giants Activate Logan Ryan from COVID List, Place Darnay Holmes on IR
- Giants Daniel Jones Week-to-Week with Neck Injury | Report
- Giants CB James Bradberry Quietly Improving His Play
- New York Giants - Week 13 Storylines to Watch
Join the Giants Country Community
- Sign up for our FREE digest newsletter
- Follow and like us on Facebook
- Submit your questions for our mailbag
- Listen and subscribe to the daily LockedOn Giants podcast.
- Subscribe and like the new LockedOn Giants YouTube Channel
- Sign up for our FREE message board forums
- Subscribe and like our YouTube Channel