Giants rookie receiver Kadarius Toney was added to the team's injury report Thursday.
Toney, the Giants' first-round draft pick this year, was listed as limited with an ankle issue. Toney doesn't appear to be in danger of missing Sunday's game against the Falcons.
Defensive tackle Austin Johnson (illness) was upgraded to limited Thursday after sitting out Wednesday's practice, but second-year linebacker Cam Brown (hamstring) remains unable to work and is in danger of missing Sunday's game.
Getting back to the rest of the players listed as limited for the Giants, tight end Evan Engram has been moving around well.
Giants-Falcons Injury Report, September 23, 2021.
Running back Saquon Barkley (knee) continues to have his reps managed. Also limited were safety Logan Ryan (hamstring), who was sporting a red practice jersey; receiver Kenny Golladay (hip); and tight end Kaden Smith (knee).
New York Giants Leonard Williams Doesn't Like to Hear Booing
Giants defensive lineman Leonard Williams admits that he doesn't like it when Giants fans boo the team.
Hapless New York Giants Fall to Los Angeles Rams, 38-11
Turnovers on offense add another nail in the coffin of the Giants' 2021 season.
New York Giants Receiver Kadarius Toney Exits Game with an Ankle Injury
The Giants are now missing three of their top receivers as they try to hold off the Los Angels Rams.
Golladay didn't do much during the part of practice open to the media. Head coach Joe Judge said he didn't think Golladay's latest hip issue is tied into the season-ending injury he suffered last year with the Lions.
"We went through the whole hip thing in free agency, but I don't think it's anything that's tied in directly."
Of Engram, whom the Giants are hoping to get back this weekend, Judge said, "I thought he had a good day yesterday. It was a little bit better than decent. He's definitely on the right track."
The Falcons had no changes in their injury report from Wednesday.
More from Giants Country
- Joe Judge Offers Assessment of Revamped Offensive Line
- Six New York Giants Storylines to Watch in Regular Season Week 3
- Giants WR Kenny Golladay Breaks Silence Over Sideline Outburst
- Behind Enemy Lines: Five Questions with Falcon Report's Dave Holcomb
- Giants QB Daniel Jones Reflects on Lessons Learned from Eli Manning
- Jason Garrett Says Things Are Fine with Receiver Kenny Golladay
- Breaking Down the New York Giants' Use of the Zone Read
- Giants' Joe Judge Admits Concern Over Nick Gates' Future
Join the Giants Country Community
- Sign up for our FREE digest newsletter
- Follow and like us on Facebook
- Submit your questions for our mailbag
- Listen and subscribe to the daily LockedOn Giants podcast.
- Subscribe and like the new LockedOn Giants YouTube Channel
- Sign up for our FREE message board forums
- Subscribe and like our YouTube Channel