Week 2: Saints at Raiders GameDay Live Blog & Thread
Kyle T. Mosley
New Orleans Saints vs Las Vegas Raiders GameDay live blog and thread by the Saints News Network.
Saints News Network's John Hendrix will be reporting from Allegiant Stadium. His Twitter ID is @johnjhendrix.
We will have a halftime report with Bob Rose, Mike Detillier, and Kyle T. Mosley.
- WR Michael Thomas (ankle)
- DE Marcus Davenport (elbow)
- LB Chase Hansen (hip)
- DB D.J. Swearinger
- DT Shy Tuttle
- RB Dwayne Washington
- OL Will Clapp
Saints, 24 - Raiders, 34
- Saints K Wil Lutz scores the first points ever inside of Allegiant Stadium.
- Saints lead 3-0 in the first quarter.
- New Orleans was able to move the football on the ground.
- Brees was 2/5 for 25 yards on the drive.
- Jacobs picks-up the Raiders first first-down.
- New Orleans hold after sacking Carr.
- Alvin Kamara scores the first touchdown in Allegiant Stadium.
- Brees and the passing game is not in sync.
- New Orleans is controlling the tempo of the game on the ground.
- Saints convert a two-point conversion after a Raiders penalty, but it was reversed due to a Saints penalty.
- Lutz scores the extra point.
- Carr took a shot to Ruggs, incomplete.
- Saints sack Carr. Hendrickson.
- 2nd sack of Carr.
Raiders Ball Continued
- TE Witten reception 1st down to Raiders 49
- TE Waller reception in flats 1st down
- Saints DT Malcom Roach TFL
- Defensive Holding DB Gardner-Johnson. Raiders 1st down at Saints 30
- TE Waller 1st Down Grab from Carr
- TE Waller slant to the Saints 3
- QB Derek Carr to FB Alec Ingold 3-yard TD (Extra Point Good)
- Saints: 10 - Raiders: 7
- Drive Start
- Alvin Kamara 16-yard screen pass from Drew Brees, RG Nick Easton injured. Timeout
- 1st down reception RB Latavius Murray
- 25-yard reception Brees to Smith. 1st Down at Raiders 25
- TE Adam Trautman first NFL reception, 1st and Goal.
- Drew Brees to TE Jared Cook 6-yard TD (Extra Point Good)
- Saints: 17 - Raiders: 7
- Drive Start own 25-yard line
- Carr to WR Agholor, 1st down to Raiders 48-yard line
- Carr to WR Renfrow, 1st down to Saints 36-yard line
- Carr to WR Edwards, 3rd down conversion to Saints 16-yard line
- Offside DE Trey Hendrickson, 1st and 5 from Saints 9-yard line
- Touchdown QB Derek Carr to WR Zay Jones (Extra Point Good)
- Saints: 17 - Raiders 14
- Drive Start Own 25 (1:44 Remaining in 1st Half)
- Drew Brees to Tre'Quan Smith 1st Down at own 38
- Interception Raiders LB Morrow
- Drive Start at Saints 40
- FB Ingold 1st down reception
- Carr to TE Waller 1st down reception, 17-yard gain
- Daniel Carlson 28-yard FG Good
- Saints: 17 - Raiders: 17
Start Second Half, Raiders Ball
- Drive Start at Own 25
- Defensive Pass Interference DB Marshon Lattimore negates 3rd down incompletion
- TE Waller 1st down grab to Saints 38-yard line
- Carr 1st down pass to Foster Moreau, 1st and Goal
- Carr to TE Waller Touchdown, 4th consecutive scoring drive (Extra Point Good)
- Saints: 17 - Raiders: 24
- Drive Start at Own 25
- Brees to Kamara 1st down
- TE screen to Josh Hill 1st down, injury timeout
- Holding C Erik McCoy, 1st and 20 from Raiders 49
- Holding T Ryan Ramczyk, 2nd and 25 from own 45
- Blindside block WR Emmanuel Sanders, 2nd and 31 from own 39
- 3rd and 22 - screen to Montgomery II
- Morstead Punt to Renfrow Fair Catch at own 13
- Drive Start at Own 13
- Block in the Back, 1st and 15
- Time Out Saints ahead of 3rd and 3
- TE Waller 9th reception, 1st down
- Time Out Las Vegas
- Roughing the Passer DE Trey Hendrickson, 1st down Raiders
- Josh Jacobs stopped short on 3rd and 1
- 4th and 1, Jacobs runs forward for 1st down
End of 3rd Quarter
Start of 4th Quarter
Raiders go up by 14 points in the 4th. The Saints defense have no answers for Gruden's play calls. DC Dennis Allen's unit appears exhausted and bewildered.
Too many penalties by the Saints defense and poor offensive execution in the third quarter were difficult for New Orleans to overcome.
Gruden's offense was aggressive from the second quarter to the fourth. The Saints have plenty of work to do defensively.