Crimson Tide Roll Call: June 28, 2020
Today is … National Logistics Day
BamaCentral Daily Video
Did you notice?
- Crimson Tide kicker Will Reichard is putting in reps and nailing 60-yarders on the practice field:
- Broncos Insider Troy Renck is nothing but impressed with Jerry Jeudy so far in Denver:
- Alabama baseball 2022 commit Skylar Hutto is looking good on the mound at his summer league:
- Crimson Tide track and field picked up two transfers on Saturday:
- Alabama baseball's Brad Bohannon was the latest coach featured on Hey Bama:
Countdown to the Crimson Tide’s 2020 opener
On this date in Crimson Tide history:
June 28, 1968: Paul W. “Bear” Bryant recommended artificial turf be installed at Legion Field in Birmingham and Denny Stadium in Tuscaloosa and noted that the university would immediately begin installing the synthetic grass on the practice fields. The approximate cost of putting in a 100-yard field was $200,000. City officials in Birmingham seemed to concur with Bryant's wishes, noting the poor playing conditions that existed with the seemingly ever worn-out grass at Legion Field. — Bryant Museum
June 28, 1988: Terrence Cody was born in Fort Myers, Fla.
Crimson Tide quote of the day:
"Well Eli, Smokey just came out of the tunnel, and he's about 100 yards away from me now, and if I had my deer rifle I believe I could drop him, back to you Eli" — Jerry Duncan's comments to Eli Gold just prior to kickoff against Tennessee.