Crimson Tide Roll Call: Nov. 7, 2019
Today is … Thursday. “I never could get the hang of Thursdays.” – Douglas Adams
Today’s Crimson Tide schedule
No games scheduled
Crimson Tide results
Women’s basketball: Hampton 64, Alabama 61
Did you notice?
• If you’re going to read only one thing today, it should probably be this: Joe Namath talks golf.
• Alabama’s Student Government Association sent out a letter to student groups warning of consequences if any organizations “engage in disruptive behavior” during LSU and Alabama, which will be attended by President Donald Trump. After Al.com posted a story about it, vice president of student affairs Jason Rothfarb sent an email stating that that his original letter had “nothing to do with anyone’s First Amendment rights,” and the SGA released another statement:
• The Detroit Lions signed former Alabama running back Bo Scarbrough for their practice squad.
• We’re not sure of the methodology here, but it sure looks good:
• ESPN announced that Steve Levy and former Alabama quarterback Greg McElroy will serve as the lead broadcast team for XFL games during the 2020 season that kicks off in February.
• In case you were wondering …
On this date in Crimson Tide history:
November 7, 1964: With ailing Joe Namath watching from the sideline, No. 3 Alabama led by backup quarterback Steve Sloan knocked off No. 8 LSU with a 17-9 win at Legion Field. A fourth-quarter rally enabled the Crimson Tide to keep its national title hopes alive. A 36-yard field goal by David Ray and a 33-yard interception return for a touchdown by Hudson Harris keyed the victory. Fullback Steve Bowman scored Alabama's other touchdown on a first-quarter run from the 1-yard line. – Bryant Museum
Crimson Tide quote of the day:
"It was a tough, physical game. Man, those games are fun to be a part of." – Nick Saban after Alabama defeated LSU 24-15 on this date in 2009.