NFL Draft Updated Rankings, Big Boards and Mock Drafts
The shutdown of sports rolls on across the nation, but the NFL is remaining resolute in that the draft will still happen on April 23.
On Thursday evening, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell sent out a memo to the 32 teams of the league reassuring them that the draft will continue as scheduled in late April.
"Everyone recognizes that public health conditions are highly uncertain and there is no assurance that we can select a different date and be confident that conditions will be significantly more favorable than they are today," Goodell’s memo stated. "I also believe that the Draft can serve a very positive purpose for our clubs, our fans, and the country at large, and many of you have agreed."
While all public festivities have been cancelled, the draft is still to take place in Las Vegas. How the NFL will orchestrate the draft without fans remains to be seen.
With the draft announced to go as planned, there have been many updates to big boards and mock drafts as of Friday morning. Here are the latest updates.
Bucky Brooks of NFL.com released his top-five cornerback and safety positional rankings on Thursday. Both Trevon Diggs and Xavier McKinney maintained their spots of third and first at their position, respectively.
CB: Trevon Diggs, third. Brooks wrote: “Diggs is a converted wide receiver with impressive length, athleticism and ball skills. He is a natural playmaker with an unrefined game that should improve quickly with more reps and experience on the island.”
S: Xavier McKinney, first. Brooks wrote: “McKinney is a box-area defender with a knack for finding the action as a ‘see ball, get ball’ playmaker. He brings toughness, tackling and range as a projected strong safety.”
Walterfootball.com released its latest big board for its list of the top 64 overall prospects. Regarding Alabama players, the list includes the following:
6. Tua Tagovailoa
10. Jerry Jeudy
11. Jedrick Will Jr.
16. Xavier McKinney
29. Henry Ruggs III
31. Trevon Diggs
42. Raekwon Davis
43. Terrell Lewis
57. Anfernee Jennings
NFL.com’s Charley Casserly posted his mock draft 2.0, covering the first round of the April draft. Casserly has seven Alabama players going in the first round alone.
5. Tua Tagovailoa, by the Miami Dolphins
11. Jedrick Wills Jr., by the New York Jets
12. Jerry Jeudy, by the Las Vegas Raiders
15. Henry Ruggs III, by the Denver Broncos
18. Xavier McKinney, by the Miami Dolphins
22. Trevon Diggs, by the Minnesota Vikings
31. Raekwon Davis, by the San Francisco 49ers
Chad Reuter of NFL.com also released the fourth iteration of his four-round 2020 NFL mock draft. Nine total former Crimson Tide players landed at NFL teams in his draft.
2. Tagovailoa, by the Washington Redskins
8. Henry Ruggs III, with the Denver Broncos trading up
13. Jerry Jeudy, by the San Francisco 49ers
15. Jedrick Wills Jr., with the Arizona Cardinals trading down
40. Terrell Lewis, by the Houston Texans
62. Trevon Diggs, by the Green Bay Packers
73. Xavier McKinney, by the Jacksonville Jaguars
112. Anfernee Jennings, by the L.A. Chargers
120. Raekwon Davis, by the New York Jets