We are through just one-half of football in Athens, Georgia. Georgia is up on South Carolina. The SI Dawgs Daily Staff brings you our notebook through the first half of play. For live updates of the second half, Click Here.
- Georgia opened the game a little less explosively than less week, but no less effective. Georgia marched right down the field on the opening drive with a mix of run and pass, culminating in a 23 yard James Cook touchdown.
- Georgia's defense gave up its longest play of the season with a 61-yard completion, Zeb Noland to Josh Vann.
- Georgia's secondary was tested more in this half of football than they have been all year. There have been highs and lows throughout the half, but overall the secondary has played tight coverage.
- JT has looked good through the first two quarters, and his injury seems like it won't be a factor going forward.
- Georgia's defensive front has been dominant again this week, giving up just 9 yards on 12 carries so far.
- Freshman receiver Adonai Mitchell is having a day so far. He and JT Daniels have quickly developed a connection.
- JT Daniels: 17/21, 245 yards, 2 TDs
- Georgia Running Backs: 13 carries for 66 yards, 5.5 yards per carry, 1 TD
- AD Mitchell: 4 receptions for 77 yards, 19.3 yards per catch, 1TD
You May Also Like:
Join the community
Follow Brooks Austin on Twitter: @BrooksAustinSI
Subscribe to our YouTube Page HERE
You can follow us for future coverage by clicking "Follow" on the top right-hand corner of the page. Also, be sure to like us on Facebook @BulldogMaven & follow us on Twitter at @BulldogsSI.