Baltimore Ravens rookie wide receiver Shemar Bridges stole the show on Thursday's preseason opener versus the Tennessee Titans. The Fort Valley State alumnus had four receptions, 62 yards (15.5 yards/rec.), and one touchdown in his debut.
Shemar Bridges Shines in Debut
One of Bridges' big plays came with 38 seconds remaining in the first half when quarterback Tyler Huntley's tossed a pass to the corner of the endzone and found the HBCU star for a 14-yard touchdown.
Next, Bridges hauled in a 38-yard pass over a defender in 3rd quarter action.
In his Pro Day, the 6-5, 210-pound wideout ran the forty in 4.6 sec, and vertical jumped 34-inches. He completed his senior season at Fort Valley with 28 receptions, 292 yards receiving, and 1 touchdown against Tuskegee.
The undrafted HBCU player has the potential to land a spot on the Ravens' 53-man roster if he keeps performing well at training camp and in preseason games.
HBCU LEGENDS TOP ARTICLES
- Rookies Making a Statement in NFL Training Camps
- Greenwood Announces NIL Partnership with Jackson State's Travis Hunter
- BOXTOROW's 2022 Preseason Media Poll
- SWAC Commissioner: 'Continue to Grow, Get Stronger'
- Texas Southern Coach McKinney Confident in 2022 Tigers
- HBCU Legend Charlie Neal: Upcoming Season 'Promises to be Great' in the SWAC and HBCU Football
- 12 HBCU Players Projected for 2023 Reese's Senior Bowl
- Top 5 HBCU Coaches Under 45
- HBCU Football's Top-10 Most Powerful Head Coaches in 2022