BLOOMINGTON, Ind. — Indiana announced all of its nonconference schedule for the 2022-23 men's basketball season on Friday, one that's loaded with bluebloods and mighty challenges, many of them away from the comforts of Assembly Hall.
There are 11 nonconference games, including matchups with North Carolina at Simon Skjodt Assembly, road games at Kansas and Xavier, and a neutral-court showdown with Arizona in Las Vegas, Nev.
I think it’s important to prepare yourself with high-level competition as much as possible as your team gets ready for a 20-game Big Ten schedule,” said second-year coach Mike Woodson. “When you look at teams like North Carolina, Kansas, Arizona and Xavier, we can expect to be challenged very early. What you are telling recruits is that you can expect to play big time games in front of exceptional atmospheres and in top notch venues by playing at Indiana”
There will also be 20 Big Ten opponents, and we know who Indiana is playing and where, but the dates have not been released. Here's what we know so far, and we'll update it as final once the Big Ten schedule is announced, probably later this month. (Note: All. times Eastern)
- Oct. 29 (Saturday): Marian (Ind.) at Indiana in Bloomington, Ind. Time: TBA; TV: BTN-Plus
- Nov. 3 (Thursday): St. Francis (Ind.) at Indiana in Bloomington, Ind. Time: 7 p.m. BTN-Plus
Nov. 7 (Monday): Morehead State at Indiana in Bloomington, Ind. Time: TBA; TV: TBA.
Nov. 10 (Thursday): Bethune Cookman at Indiana in Bloomington, Ind. Time: TBA; TV: TBA.
- Nov. 18 (Friday): Gavitt Games — Indiana at Xavier in Cincinnati, Ohio: Time: TBA; TV: TBA.
- Nov. 20 (Sunday): Hoosier Classic — Miami of Ohio vs. Indiana at Gainbridge Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, Ind. Time: TBA; TV: TBA.
- Nov. 23 (Wednesday): Hoosier Classic — Little Rock at Indiana in Bloomington, Ind.: Time: TBA; TV: TBA.
- Nov. 25 (Friday): Hoosier Classic — Jackson State at Indiana in Bloomington, Ind. Time: TBA; TV: TBA.
- Nov. 30 (Wednesday): Big Ten/ACC Challenge — North Carolina at Indiana in Bloomington, Ind. Time: TBA; TV: TBA.
- Dec. 3-8 — Big Ten conference games: There will be two Big Ten conference games this week, one at home and one on the road. The opponents for Indiana's 20 conference games have been announced, but not the dates and locations.
- Dec. 10 (Saturday): Indiana vs. Arizona in Las Vegas, Nev. Time: TBA; TV: TBA.
- Dec. 17 (Saturday): Indiana at Kansas in Lawrence, Kan. Time: TBA; TV: TBA.
- Dec. 20 (Tuesday): Elon at Indiana in Bloomington, Ind. Time: TBA; TV: TBA.
- Dec. 23 (Friday): Kennesaw State vs. Indiana in Bloomington, Ind. Time: TBA; TV: TBA.
Big Ten conference games
- Home games: Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Northwestern, Nebraska, Ohio State, Purdue, Rutgers, Wisconsin.
- Away games: Maryland, Minnesota, Penn State, Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Northwestern, Purdue, Rutgers.
Big Ten Tournament
- March 8-12 at the United Center, in Chcago, Ill. — Indiana won two games (Michigan and No. 1 seed Illinois) last year before losing to Iowa on a last-second shot in the semifinals. The Hoosiers have never won this tournament, and have only. reached the finals once, losing to Iowa in 2001.
- March 14-15 (Tuesday-Wednesday): First Four in Dayton, Ohio
- March 16-19 (Thursday-Sunday): First and second-round sites — Albany, N.Y.; Birmingham, Ala.; Columbus, Ohio; Denver, Colo.; Des Moines, Iowa; Greensboro, N.C.; Orlando, Fla.; Sacramento, Calif.
- March 23-26 (Thursday-Sunday): Regional sites: East — Madison Square Garden, New York, N.Y.; South — KFC Yum! Center, Louisville, Ky.; Midwest — Kansas City, Mo.; West — Las Vegas, Nev.
- April 1-3 (Saturday-Monday): Final Four — NRG Stadium, Houston, Texas.
Related stories on Indiana basketball
- HULLS COULDN'T SAY NO: Former Indiana point guard Jordan Hulls was headed into his 10th season of professional basketball, but an opportunity to join Mike Woodson's coaching staff at his alma mater was too good to deny. CLICK HERE
- HOOSIER HYSTERIA SLATED FOR OCT. 7: Indiana University athletics announced on Monday that Hoosier Hysteria, the annual tip-off of the men's and women's basketball programs, will be held Homecoming Weekend on Friday, Oct. 7. CLICK HERE
- INDIANA GETS NORTH CAROLINA: Indiana will host North Carolina in the 2022 Big Ten/ACC Challenge. This matchup will feature Indiana's Trayce Jackson-Davis versus North Carolina's Armando Bacot, two of the top players in college basketball. CLICK HERE
- XAVIER HOSTS INDIANA IN GAVITT GAMES: Matchups set for the 2022 Gavitt Games, featuring eight games between Big Ten and Big East teams. The Indiana men's basketball team will hit the road to play the Xavier Musketeers, who enter their first season under head coach Sean Miller. CLICK HERE