The 2022 Gavitt Games slate was released on Monday, featuring eight games between Big Ten and Big East opponents. Official dates and times are to be determined.
- Villanova at Michigan State
- Indiana at Xavier
- Iowa at Seton Hall
- Marquette at Purdue
- Butler at Penn St
- Northwestern at Georgetown
- Nebraska at St. John's
- DePaul at Minnesota
The Indiana Hoosiers continue to build a strong non-conference schedule, this time adding a road trip to Xavier. The Musketeers finished last season with a 23-13 record and an 8-11 mark in Big East play. Xavier fired head coach Travis Steele on March 16, then went on a run to win the NIT Championship over Texas A&M on March 30.
CBS Sports Jon Rothstein ranks Xavier No. 20 in his preseason rankings, and ESPN's Joe Lunardi gave Xavier an eight-seed in his first NCAA Tournament Bracketology projections.
Former Arizona head coach Sean Miller – the brother of former Indiana head coach Archie Miller – is now the head coach of Xavier. Sean first coached at Xavier from 2004 to 2009 before leaving for Arizona.
Indiana played the 319th-toughest non-conference schedule last season, according to KenPom, but the inclusion of Xavier on Indiana's non-conference schedule for 2022-2023 now gives Mike Woodson and the Hoosiers four marquee opponents.
Indiana will begin the bulk of its non-conference schedule by hosting North Carolina in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge on Nov. 30. The Hoosiers will then travel to Las Vegas for a matchup with Arizona on Dec. 10 before heading to Kansas on Dec. 17. A date has not been released for Indiana's contest with Xavier in the Gavitt Games.
Related stories on Indiana basketball:
- HOOSIER HYSTERIA SLATED FOR OCT. 7: Indiana University athletics announced on Monday that Hoosier Hysteria, the annual tip-off of the men's and women's basketball programs, will be held Homecoming Weekend on Friday, Oct. 7. CLICK HERE
- INDIANA BASKETBALL SCHEDULE ALMOST COMPLETE: Little by little, Indiana's basketball schedule for the 2022-23 season is coming into focus. Here's what we know so far, including 27 opponents and some dates that are now set. This is Mike Woodson's second season in Bloomington, and the Hoosiers are considered one of the Big Ten favorites. CLICK HERE
- INDIANA GETS NORTH CAROLINA: Indiana will host North Carolina in the 2022 Big Ten/ACC Challenge. This matchup will feature Indiana's Trayce Jackson-Davis versus North Carolina's Armando Bacot, two of the top players in college basketball. CLICK HERE