East Lansing, MI – The No. 23-ranked Michigan State Spartans return home to host No. 15 Rutgers on Tuesday, Jan 3 at 9 p.m.
After playing three of their first four conference games away from home, MSU will play four of its next five contests at the Breslin Center.
Michigan State enters the game with a 7-3 record (1-3) following a recent 84-77 win at Nebraska last weekend whereas, Rutgers is 7-2 overall, including three Big Ten victories against Maryland, Illinois, and Purdue.
"Anytime you are on a losing streak, you are just happy to win a game," MSU coach Tom Izzo told reporters Monday afternoon. "Sometimes, you need to find a way to win. I thought there was some things we did in that game that were very, very good – I wasn't real pleased with the finish."
How To Watch
- Where: Breslin Center – East Lansing, MI
- When: Tuesday, January 5, at 9 p.m.
- TV: ESPN 2
- Announcers: Dave Flemming & Jay Bilas
- Sky Book: MSU is a 1.5-point favorite.
- Bet Mania: MSU is a 1.5-point favorite.
- My Bookie: MSU is a 1.5-point favorite.
- Sports Betting: MSU is a 1.5-point favorite.
Last Five Games
- Dec 8, 2019: MSU vs. Rutgers, W 77-65
- Feb 20, 2019: MSU vs. Rutgers, W 71-60
- Nov 30, 2018: MSU vs. Rutgers, W 78-67
- Jan 10, 2018: MSU vs. Rutgers, W 76-72 (OT)
- Dec 5, 2017: MSU vs. Rutgers, W 62-52
- MSU leads the all-time series 10-0 and has won all nine contests since Rutgers joined the Big Ten.
- They first met on Dec. 19, 1970, where MSU posted an 81-71 victory to win the team championship at the Lobo Invitational in New Mexico.
- Michigan State won the lone meeting last year in December, 77-65.
Tell us what you think in the comment section below.
Want the latest breaking MSU news delivered straight to your email for FREE? Sign up for the DAILY Spartan Nation newsletter when you CLICK THE MAGAZINE ICON at the top left of the page or the FOLLOW button back on the main page. Don't miss any of the latest up to the second updates on Michigan State Sports when you follow on Twitter @HondoCarpenter @McLainGrant1