East Lansing, Mich. – Michigan State basketball didn't move up or down in the latest bracketology update.
The Spartans, placed in the East Region (Philadelphia), are still a 5-seed according to ESPN's Joe Lunardi, only this time MSU will face the Ohio Bobcats rather than Colorado St./Richmond.
The top seeds in Michigan State's region include Kansas (1), Purdue (2), Duke (3), and Kentucky (4).
Lunardi's initial bracket listed the Spartans as a 4-seed in the Midwest Region competing against 13-seed Colgate.
MSU is one of eight Big Ten teams who made the cut in June's revision alongside Michigan, Ohio State, Maryland, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, and the Boilermakers.
Big Ten Matchups
- 8 Florida vs. 9 Indiana (West)
- 3 Maryland vs. 14 South Dakota St. (West)
- 5 Michigan State vs. 12 Ohio (East)
- 2 Purdue vs. 15 Louisiana (East)
- 1 Michigan vs. 16 Yale (Midwest)
- 6 Illinois vs. 11 Colorado (Midwest)
- 8 Iowa vs. 9 Virginia (South)
- 2 Ohio State vs. 15 Winthrop (South)
- *Wisconsin and Northwestern are two of the First Four out
Please make sure you tell us your thoughts when you like our Facebook Page WHEN YOU CLICK RIGHT HERE.
Do you want the latest and breaking MSU news delivered straight to your email for FREE? Then please sign up for the DAILY Spartan Nation newsletter when you CLICK THE MAGAZINE ICON at the top left of the page or the FOLLOW button back on the main page. Don't miss any of the latest up to the second updates on Michigan State Sports when you follow us on Twitter @HondoCarpenter @McLainGrant1