Nebraska started fast Sunday and rolled to a 9-0 win over Ohio State. When the four-game weekend began, it didn't seem likely the Huskers would wrap up the Big Ten championship with a week to spare. That's exactly what happened with Sunday's win, however, thanks in part to an assist from Maryland against Michigan. But the achievement was also earned by way of a weekend sweep that included a stunning comeback from seven runs down against Ohio State on Saturday.
The conference title also means an automatic NCAA Tournament berth for Nebraska. The regular season ends next weekend with a three-game home series against Michigan, a chance for the Huskers to burnish their tournament résumé.
Were coach Will Bolt's boys a happy bunch Sunday? Take a look and judge for yourself, and keep on scrolling for coverage and analysis, including Tad Stryker's commentary on Bolt's winning formula.
Will Bolt's postgame presser
Peruse the game coverage at these links:
- Huskers.com | Huskers Win 2021 Big Ten Title with 9-0 Victory
- KLIN | Nebraska Dominates Weekend Pod to Clinch Big Ten Title
- Tad Stryker | Nebraska bolts past Big Ten field to capture baseball title
- Lincoln Journal Star | Huskers roll past OSU to clinch title
- Omaha World-Herald | Nebraska baseball clinches Big Ten title, NCAA tournament bid
- Omaha World-Herald | McKewon: Husker baseball seems to have found the formula — and it's winning
- Lincoln Journal Star | Sipple: Bolt's early success evokes images of DVH; also, a tip of the cap to Erstad
- Hail Varsity | Under Will Bolt, Nebraska is Entertaining and a Problem for the Rest of the Big Ten
- Omaha World-Herald | Shatel: Will Bolt and Rob Childress have great joy and sorrow to share
- Hail Varsity | Huskers Make the Most of an Impromptu 'Championship Sunday'