Do the Huskers know who their No. 1 guy will be at running back? Not yet, offensive coordinator Matt Lubick said after Wednesday's practice.
"We still haven't made a decision," he said.
"We will play more than one guy, but we feel like we have lots of good players," he said, mentioning Sevion Morrison, Markese Stepp, Gabe Ervin Jr., Marvin Scott III and Rahmir Johnson.
"You want to know who that guy is when it's third-and-one to win the football game,” Lubick said, adding: "We feel pretty good about it, but we’re not ready to say who that guy is."
Head coach Scott Frost spoke briefly about the news that the program is under NCAA investigation. He said it wouldn't be a distraction for the players, who he said remain "laser focused" on the Aug. 28 season opener at Illinois.
Offensive lineman Brant Banks has been manning the No. 1 left tackle spot because of an injury to Turner Corcoran. Whether Corcoran will be ready to go or not on Aug. 28 remains uncertain, Banks said.
Wide receiver Oliver Martin said he's "one of the main guys" working at punt returner. Martin also had praise for quarterback Adrian Martinez's improved accuracy.
Refresh this page for the latest additions to the coverage below. Go here for the HuskerMax discussion.
(Asterisks below indicates items may require subscription.)
- Hail Varsity | News and notes
- Husker247 | Quick Hits: Morrison 'jumping out' – and more
- Nebraska Athletics | Lubick Talks Depth Chart Ahead of Illinois
- Omaha World-Herald* | Huskers close to deciding on No. 1 running back: 'We feel pretty good about it'
- Omaha World-Herald* | Notes: Cam Jurgens' leadership, Brant Banks at left tackle and a 15-inch burrito race
- Husker247 | Brant Banks could carry large role for Huskers off the bat
- Lincoln Journal Star* | 'You've got to embrace whatever role you're in': Nomadic Banks settles in at left tackle
- Lincoln Journal Star* | Red Report: Corcoran working back; tight ends on the mend; praise for Morrison; 'respect' for Betts
- HuskerOnline | Versatile Brant Banks willing to do it all for Nebraska's offensive line
- Hail Varsity | Sorensen/Smith
- Lincoln Journal Star | Sipple/Gabriel Four Downs
- Lincoln Journal Star | Sipple/Gabriel Two-Minute Drill
- HuskerOnline | Sean Callahan
Frost, Alberts, Lubick, Martin, Banks