This is the live in-game update landing page for the Chargers at Chiefs Week 2 contest. This page will undergo updates in real time with information and analysis throughout the entirety of the game.
- Ball game: Chiefs 27, Chargers 24
- Score Update: Chiefs 27, Chargers 24
- 8:11 pm: Justin Herbert hits Joshua Palmer for the 7-yard touchdown.
- 8:09 pm: Just when you thought Justin Herbert’s night was done, he slings a 35-yard dart to DeAndre Carter.
- Score Update: Chiefs 27, Chargers 17
- 8:01 pm: Chiefs convert on a 32-yard field goal to extend their lead.
- 7:59 pm: Justin Herbert gets drilled in the midsection on his first play back in and looks to be in clear pain.
- 7:56 pm: Justin Herbert comes back in after missing one play.
- 7:53 pm: Justin Herbert is down on the field and slow to get up. Chase Daniel enters the game.
- Score Update: Chiefs 24, Chargers 17
- 7:39 pm: 99-yard pick-six: Jaylen Watson intercepts Justin Herbert and takes it to the house.
- 7:34 pm: Chargers offensive line is without two starters right now. Current offensive line looks as such: LT: Rashawn Slater LG: Matt Feiler C: Will Clapp RG: Zion Johnson RT: Storm Norton
- Score Update: Chargers 17, Chiefs 17
- 7:31 pm: Chiefs opt to go for the field goal and the 19-yard chip shot is good.
- 7:24 pm: Chargers RT Trey Pipkins (ankle) is questionable to return.
- 7:18 pm: Chris Jones sacks Justin Herbert, going through Matt Feiler at left guard.
- 7:14 pm: Storm Norton enters the game at right tackle in place of Trey Pipkins.
- Score Update: Chargers 17, Chiefs 14
- 7:06 pm: J.C. Jackson gets beat by Justin Watson for a 41-yard touchdown. Excellent throw by Patrick Mahomes to lead his receiver into the end zone.
- 7:00 pm: After further review, the officials say the ball hit the ground. Call overturned.
- 6:57 pm: Asante Samuel Jr. intercepts Patrick Mahomes — his second pick in two games. The play is under further review.
- Score Update: Chargers 17, Chiefs 7
- 6:51 pm: Mike Williams comes down with a one-handed touchdown grab to extend the Chargers lead.
- 6:49 pm: Charger C Corey Linsley (knee) is questionable to return.
- 6:47 pm: Justin Herbert hits Austin Ekeler down the sideline for 18 yards.
- 6:45 pm: Will Clapp has entered the game at center, replacing Corey Linsley.
- Halftime: Chargers 10, Chiefs 7
- 6:19 pm: Justin Herbert has hit Joshua Palmer twice on the fourth drive for 10 yards a piece — more typical of their connection.
- 6:11 pm: Across the first three drives, the Chargers have blitzed at a 30% rate. That's nearly double what they blitzed last week.
- 6:06 pm: Justin Herbert and Joshua Palmer have not been able to find any rhythm with one another tonight. On three targets, they have zero completions.
- Score Update: Chargers 10, Chiefs 7
- 5:59 pm: Patrick Mahomes draws Joey Bosa offsides and hits Travis Kelce for 19 yards. Next play, Mahomes gets outside the pocket a slings a sidearm pass to Jerrick McKinnon for a 9-yard touchdown.
- Score Update: Chargers 10, Chiefs 0
- 5:52 pm: Justin Herbert hits fullback Zander Horvath for the 1-yard touchdown. Horvath has now scored in each of his first two games to begin his NFL career.
- 5:45 pm: Justin Herbert hits Mike Williams down the sideline for a 37-yard gain, setting the Chargers up at the Kansas City 1-yard line.
- 5:37 pm: Khalil Mack now has 80.5 career sacks, becoming the only player to reach that threshold and have multiple pick-sixes since he entered the NFL in 2014.
- 5:37 pm: Khalil Mack records his fourth sack of the season by brining Patrick Mahomes to the ground.
- Score Update: Chargers 3, Chiefs 0
- 5:33 pm: Dustin Hopkins converts from 31 yards out to put the Chargers on the board first.
- 5:29 pm: A pass interference call on third down extends the Chargers drive.
- 5:25 pm: After last week only having two catches for 10 yards, Mike Williams is on the receiving end of Justin Herbert’s first two passes.
- 5:23 pm: Joey Bosa comes up with a TFL on third down to force the Chiefs to punt.
- 5:19 pm: Chiefs start the game with three rushing attempts and are having success moving the chains early on.
- 5:15 pm: Chargers win the toss and defer.
- Date and time: Thursday, Sept. 15 at 5:15 p.m. PT
- Location: GEHA Field
- TV: Fox 11 Los Angeles
- Streaming: Amazon Prime with Al Michels and Kirk Herbstreit
- Radio: ATL FM-98.7, featuring Matt "Money" Smith, Daniel Jeremiah and Shannon Farren
- Chargers: WR Keenan Allen, TE Donald Parham Jr., RB Isaiah Spiller, DL Christian Covington, S JT Woods, OL Brenden Jaimes, QB Easton Stick
- Chiefs: K Harrison Butker, RB Ronald Jones, QB Shane Buechele, OL Darian Kinnard, DE Josh Kaindoh, DT Malik Herring, LB Jack Cochrane
More from Charger Report
- Chargers at Chiefs Week 2 Inactives
- Pregame Report: Chargers at Chiefs Week 2
- Chargers at Chiefs Game Day Betting Odds: Week 2 Point Spread, Moneyline, Over/Under
- Chargers at Chiefs Week 2 Game Prediction
- Chargers at Chiefs Week 2 Injury Report: Wednesday
Nick Cothrel is the publisher of Charger Report. Follow Nick on Twitter @NickCothrel for more Chargers coverage.