New York Giants quarterback Daniel Jones (concussion) worked on the side during the team's Wednesday practice. Jones, who came out fully dressed for the team's light walk-through, is currently in the protocol and is unlikely to be ready in time for the team's Week 6 homes game against the Los Angeles Rams.
Jones, always the leader and competitor, didn't use his injury as an excuse to take it easy while he did his work with the trainers. And while Judge tried to play coy regarding the various scenarios presented to him by the media about if there was a chance of Jones plying Sunday, based on where he is in the league's return to participation protocol (Phase 2), Jones appears to be a long shot for this weekend.
In other injury news, receivers Sterling Shepard, Kadarius Toney, and Darius Slayton took part in the individual drills, which were open to the media. All three receivers looked to be moving with no issues, including running and cutting. They will likely be listed as limited on the team's injury report.
Giants to Sign LB Benardrick McKinney to Practice Squad
New York adds some veteran reinforcement to its linebacker pipeline.
Why the Giants Need to Be Sellers with Trade Deadline Approaching
The NFL Trade deadline is November 2. Will the Giants be active, and if so, what could they stand to gain in terms of salary cap relief?
Safety Jabrill Peppers (hamstring) also participated in the open part of the practice. And second-year linebacker Cam Brown (hamstring), who has been on injured reserve, looks like he's been designated to return, as he was out on the field moving around.
More from Giants Country
- Contrite Kadarius Toney Opens Up About His Lapse in Judgment
- Joe Judge Reveals Thoughts About Daniel Jones's Continued Use as a Runner
- Giants Injury Updates: Kenny Golladay Expected to Miss 1-2 Weeks; Rodarius Williams Has Torn ACL
- New York Giants Come Crashing Down to Reality in MMQB’s Latest NFL Power Ranking Poll
- Cowboys Remain Red Hot, Giants Come Crashing Back to Earth in Week 5 Division Action
Join the Giants Country Community
- Sign up for our FREE digest newsletter
- Follow and like us on Facebook
- Submit your questions for our mailbag
- Listen and subscribe to the daily LockedOn Giants podcast.
- Subscribe and like the new LockedOn Giants YouTube Channel
- Sign up for our FREE message board forums
- Subscribe and like our YouTube Channel