Giants offensive lineman Ben Bredeson suffered a hand injury against the Flacons Sunday and could end up missing some time because of it, reports ESPN.
Bredeson, acquired in a trade with Baltimore on August 31, has been playing left guard for the Giants ever since the team lost Nick Gates in Week 2 to a broken leg. It's unclear when he was injured in Sunday's loss, but if he does indeed miss any playing time, that means the Giants will be on their fourth starter at left guard in as many games.
New York opened the season with Shane Lemieux as the starter. Lemieux re-aggravated a knee injury for which he recently underwent surgery after 17 plays in Week 1 and was replaced by Bredeson.
New York Giants Not Planning to Cut Back on Daniel Jones's Running
The Giants love Daniel Jones's athleticism and the dimension it brings to the offense. But would they cut back on the number of designed runs called to protect their quarterback?
Breaking Down the New York Giants Run Defense Struggles
Coach Gene Clemons tries to pinpoint what's happened to the Giants run defense and what they can do to stop the bleeding.
The following week, the coaches reshuffled the line, moving Gates from center to left guard. Gates suffered a broken leg in the first half of the game against the Washington Football Team and was lost for the season. Bredeson again came into the game in relief of a fallen starter.
The 23-year-old Bredeson, who played his college ball at Michigan, started last week's game against Atlanta and played all 70 snaps on offense. If he can't play Sunday when the Giants visit the Saints, it's possible that New York, who this week signed guard Wes Martin off Washington's practice squad, could be planning to plug Martin in at left guard.
More from Giants Country
- New York Giants Head Coach Joe Judge Reveals Plan for Offensive Play Calling
- New York Giants Lose LB Blake Martinez to Torn ACL
- Winless New York Giants Giants Sink in Week 4 MMQB Power Rankings
- Evan Engram Breaks Silence on Fans' Frustration with His Game
- Week 4 Opponent Breakdown: New Orleans Saints Offense
Join the Giants Country Community
- Sign up for our FREE digest newsletter
- Follow and like us on Facebook
- Submit your questions for our mailbag
- Listen and subscribe to the daily LockedOn Giants podcast.
- Subscribe and like the new LockedOn Giants YouTube Channel
- Sign up for our FREE message board forums
- Subscribe and like our YouTube Channel