July is here, and we're that much closer to Saints training camp. That also means the football season is right around the corner. This month offers a few things to keep an eye on for New Orleans, and here's a look at some things to pay close attention to.
- Early July: Training camp schedule announcement from the Saints. This is based off trends. The Lions were among the first teams to announce their schedule with fans, and others teams have followed suit. It's only a matter of time.
- July 15: At 3:00 p.m. CT, it's the deadline for any club that designated a Franchise Player to sign such player to a multiyear contract or extension. After this date, the player may sign only a one-year contract with his prior club for the 2021 season, and such contract cannot be extended until after the club’s last regular season game. This would include Marcus Williams, and we previously talked about him when looking at the potential contract extensions for the Saints.
- July 27: 29 teams (excluding the Buccaneers, Cowboys, and Steelers) will report for training camp, 47 days before the Sunday of Week 1, as allowed by the CBA.
- July 31: League-wide practices and fan events start.
READ MORE SAINTS NEWS:
- Should Reggie Bush Reclaim His Heisman?
- Saints, Ryan Ramczyk Agree to a 5-Year, $96M Extension
- New Orleans Saints Supplemental Draft History
- Are We Wrong to Easily Overlook Taysom Hill?
- Alvin Kamara Fantasy Outlook by Michael Fabiano is Grim
- Saints Issue Statement on Superdome Attendance for 2021
- Latavius Murray Plays an Integral Role in the Saints' Offensive Attack
- Trust Sean Payton