TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – A challenging schedule awaits the defending Southeastern Conference champion Alabama Crimson Tide in 2020, including four teams that made the 2019 Women’s College World Series and five others that played in the NCAA Super Regional round.
“Our 2020 schedule might be one of the toughest non-conference schedules we have put together,” said Crimson Tidr coach Patrick Murphy, last year’s SEC Coach of the Year who heads into his 22nd season at the helm of the program in 2020. “We have three great tournaments at home during the regular season and the frosting on the cake is that we get to host the SEC Tournament in May.
“Playing at Rhoads Stadium all starts with our fans and we have the best fans in the country. They make it the greatest show in softball.”
Rhoads Stadium will serve as host for the 2020 SEC Softball Tournament May 6-9. Alabama previously hosted the tournament in 2004 and 2012, winning the latter. More information on the event, including ticket sales, will come at a later date.
The schedule includes:
- Five games against four teams that made the 2019 Women’s College World Series
- 13 games against five teams that played in the NCAA Super Regional round
- 23 games against 11 teams that qualified for the 2019 NCAA Tournament
- 32 home games at Rhoads Stadium
- Three regular-season home tournaments at Rhoads Stadium
- Host of the 2020 SEC Softball Tournament (May 6-9)
- Four SEC home series