TUSCALOOSA, Ala. —It's game day once again in Tuscaloosa. Saturday is the last non-conference tuneup for Alabama before the Crimson Tide enters the heart of the SEC schedule.
Join in on the discussion on the LIVE UPDATES thread on the BamaCentral message board.
BE SURE TO REFRESH YOUR BROWSER FOR THE VERY LATEST UPDATES!
Finale Score: Alabama 63, Southern Miss 14. Alabama wins 100th straight game against unranked opponents.
- It was the first career touchdown pass for Milroe and first career TD catch for Baker.
- Milroe with a touchdown pass to Javon Baker. Alabama 63, Southern Miss 14, 2:49 4Q
- Jalen Milroe now in at quarterback for Alabama.
- Latu comes up big again, this time with a first down catch from Tyson.
- Tyson faces pressure on third down and is forced to throw it away. Burnip will be on to punt for the second time.
- Paul Tyson in at quarterback for Alabama. Trey Sanders is in at running back.
- Alabama gets a stop in the following third down. Southern Miss back out to punt. Slade Bolden back to receive for the first time this game.
- On third down, the Alabama defense gives up a 19-yard gain for a first down to extend the Southern Miss drive.
- Jameson Williams with his second kickoff return for a touchdown on the game, this one for 83 yards. Alabama goes up 56-14 with 13:16 left in the game.
- Williams is the first player in Alabama history with two kickoff returns for touchdowns in a game.
- He has four touches, three touchdowns and 258 all purpose yards.
- Jaylen Moody tips a pass but it falls right into the hands of Demarcus Jones for a Southern Miss touchdown. PAT is good. Alabama 49, Southern Miss 14, 13:29 4Q
- A pass interference call on Alabama gives Southern Miss the ball on the Alabama 11.
END OF THIRD QUARTER: Alabama 49, Southern Miss 7. Stats below:
- Southern Miss converts three first downs after the Alabama turnover and is nearing the red zone.
- DL Tim Smith is down on the field being attended to by the Alabama medical staff. He is able to walk off the field on his own.
- On third-and-11, Young's pass is intercepted by Malik Shorts for Southern Miss. The ball was bobbled by Jameson Williams. It is Young's first interception of the year and only second incompletion of the night.
- Roydell Williams converts the fourth down with blocking help from Robbie Ouzts. Alabama nearing the red zone.
- We have a Trey Sanders sighting on offense. He catches a ball out of the backfield for three yards.
- After a 22-yard catch, Latu takes a hit and gingerly leaves the field but is not taken to the medical tent.
- Bryce Young and most of the first team offense still out on the field. This will probably be the last series for most of them.
- The Alabama defense forces the sixth three-and-out of the game. Southern Miss follows with a 60 yard punt.
- An 11-yard touchdown from Bryce Young to Cameron Latu gives Alabama a 49-7 lead with 12:22 in the third quarter.
- This is Latu's third touchdown reception of the season.
- McClellan back in at running back for the first series of the second half for Alabama. Still no Trey Sanders on offense so far.
- Another solid return by Earle will be called back for an Alabama penalty, this time a block in the back.
- The Eagles only go backwards on their first possession of the half. JoJo Earle back to receive the punt for Alabama.
- Southern Miss will get the ball to open the half.
- You could say Bryce Young was efficient in the first half. The Alabama quarterback only had one incompletion along with 226 yards and four touchdowns. The four touchdowns tie his career high.
- Coming into the game, Southern Miss was one of the worst teams in the country in passing yards per game with a season high of 157 against Troy last week. In the first half, the Golden Eagles had 101 passing yards with bulk going to tight end Grayson Gunter.
- Roydell Williams had 102 rushing yards for Alabama in the first half, becoming the first Alabama running back to surpass that milestone in a game this season.
END of SECOND QUARTER: Alabama 42, Southern Miss 7. Halftime stats below
- Southern Miss takes a knee to end the half.
- McClellan reenters the game and promptly earns another receiving touchdown. Young once again escapes pressure to find the open McClellan who handled the rest. Reichard's PAT is good. Alabama 42, Souther Miss 7, 0:15 2Q
- It was a 10-play, 97-yard five minute scoring drive for the Crimson Tide.
- On the drive, Roydell Williams surpassed 100 yards in the game, becoming the first Alabama player to do so in any game this season.
- Bryce young is now 12-13 for 226 yards and four touchdowns with a passer efficiency rating of 339.9
- An illegal formation penalty and sack push Alabama back to the 17, after having first and goal from the five. Saban will not be happy with the illegal formation which he called and undisciplined penalty earlier this week.
- Roydell Williams has an open path to the end zone but stumbles to the ground around the five yard line. First and goal upcoming for Alabama.
- Young once against connects with Billingsley for a long game. Billingsley up to three catches for 74 yards.
- McClellan leaves the field favoring his arm/shoulder as Roydell Williams comes back in.
- McClellan back in at running back for Alabama. So far, it's just been McClellan and Roydell Williams today. No Brian Robinson Jr. or Trey Sanders so far. I don't expect to see Robinson today.
- On the kickoff return, Jameson Williams runs himself into a no-win situation, and Alabama will start the drive on the three yard line.
- After review, it is a touchdown for Pittman and Southern Miss. The Golden Eagles get on the board with 5:26 in the second quarter. The PAT by Briggs Bourgeois is good. Alabama 35, Southern Miss 7
- Hellams misses a tackle behind the line of scrimmage on a swing pass, and Chandler Pittman brings it down to the one yard line. The play is under review.
- On third-and-13, while facing pressure, Keyes finds an open receiver in the middle of the field for a Southern Miss first down into the Alabama red zone.
- After a holding penalty pushed Southern Miss back, Keyes once again finds Gunter for a long gain and first down to the Alabama 30. Grayson Gunter now with three catches for 61 yards.
- James Burnip's first punt of the game is only 38 yards and is returned by Da'Quan Bailey-Brown for Southern Miss to the Alabama 46. The punt did not have much distance or hang time and gives the Golden Eagles' their best field position of the day.
- After an intentional grounding penalty on second down and a screen pass on third-and-14, Alabama will be punting for the first time in the game.
- Another three-and-out for Southern Miss. The punt is nearly blocked by the Crimson Tide, but Mason Hutn manages to get it away cleanly. It will be first down from the 28 for Alabama.
- Bryce Young finds Jameson Williams in stride for an 81-yard touchdown. Williams flashes his speed for the second time tonight, and Young continues to show his accuracy. PAT is good. Alabama 35, Southern Miss 0, 12:36 2Q
- After that touchdown pass, Young's current passer rating is 361.3.
- Will Anderson nearly has his second sack of the game, but Keyes manages to get the ball away. Keyes was temporarily down after the play, but was able to walk off the field under his own power. Southern Miss forced to punt after another three-and-out. 12:50 left in the second quarter
- On the second play of the second quarter, Roydell Williams takes it in for the one-yard score. Reichard's PAT is good. Alabama 28, Southern Miss 0, 14:26 1Q
- This was Williams' first touchdown run of the season and the second of his career.
- A little bit of everything for Alabama in that first quarter. A kickoff return for a touchdown, an interception, a tight end touchdown, a long run and more. Bryce young was also an efficient 7-8 with 93 yards and two touchdowns.
- End of the first quarter, Alabama leads Southern Miss 21-0. First quarter stats below:
- Back-to-back nice runs for sophomore Roydell Williams. The second goes for 55 yards down to the one yard line. And that long run will do it for the first quarter.
- A holding penalty wipes out a nice return for JoJo Earle, who showed his elusiveness and speed at the position, almost taking the punt back for a touchdown.
- A 10-yard sack for Will Anderson Jr. Third and super long upcoming for Southern Miss.
- The ball was ruled a fumble by Metchie, but Cameron Latu recovered it in the end zone for a touchdown. PAT is good. Alabama 21, Southern Miss 0, 3:00 1Q
- John Metchie III reaches for the pylon and is called out of bounds at the one initially. The play is under review.
- Bryce Young escapes a Southern Miss defender and finds an open Slade Bolden over the middle for 20 yards and a first down on third-and-eight.
- McClellan opens Alabama's second offensive possession with a 27-yard run.
- On fourth down for the Golden Eagles, the ball is tipped and intercepted by DeMarcco Hellams for the Crimson Tide. First down Alabama from the 24.
- On third-and-eight, Keyes finds the big tight end Gunter again for a first down into Alabama territory.
- Southern Miss picks up its first first down of the game with a 21-yard pass from Ty Keyes to Grayson Gunter.
- For the second game in a row, Billingsley scores a first quarter touchdown, this time for 16 yards. Reichard's PAT is good. Alabama 14, Southern Miss 0, 9:41 1Q
- It was an eight-play, 60-yard drive for the Crimson Tide. Alabama converted two third downs on that possession.
- Bryce Young was perfect on the drive, 5/5 for 51 yards and the touchdown.
- Jahleel Billingsley making a big impact on the first drive with a 25-yard catch for a first down.
- Jase McClellan is in at running back for the Crimson Tide. Brian Robinson is fully dressed out on the sidelines but is not carrying his helmet around.
- Alabama's first play from scrimmage is a six yard loss from Bryce Young to John Metchie III. The play was nicely defended by Southern Miss.
- The Alabama defense forces a three-and-out, and JoJo Earle was back to receive the punt for Alabama. Previously, Slade Bolden had been starting the games at punt returner.
- Southern Miss will get things started from their own 21 yard line.
- Jameson Williams takes the opening kickoff 100 yards for an Alabama touchdown. Will Reichard's PAT is good. Alabama 7, Southern Miss 0, 14:46 1Q
- This was Alabama's first kickoff return for a touchdown since Jaylen Waddle's 98-yard return against Auburn in 2019.
- It was the first time Alabama had a 100-yard kickoff return since Tyrone Prothro in 2004.
- Southern Miss wins the toss and elects to defer to the second half. Alabama will receive the opening kickoff.
- The pregame lights show has made its return to Bryant-Denny with the night game against the Golden Eagles. The stadium is now around 80-90% full.
- Today's officials
- Referee: Lee Hedrick
- Umpire: Michael Moten
- Linesman: Ryan Hagan
- Line Judge: Chris Conway
- Back Judge: Michael Watson
- Field Judge: Scotty Melancon
- Side Judge: Eduardo Balbis
- Center Judge: Mike Block
- Robinson is announced as the starting running back.
- At 6:00, the entire Alabama team is out on the field for warmups. The stadium is currently about half full. The start time of the Southern Miss game could be slightly delayed depending on the ending of this Auburn/Georgia State game on SEC Network.
- Robinson is fully dressed out in warmups and is leading the group of returners in pregame drills.
- The specialists and some Alabama quarterbacks have taken the field for warmups.
- Brian Robinson, who is dealing with a rib injury, was out on the field participating in early warmups.
- Alabama arrives at Bryant-Denny Stadium for the Walk of Champions.
Alabama and Southern Miss are meeting for the first time since 2019 when Tua Tagovailoa threw for five touchdowns. This will be the Crimson Tide's last non-conference game until mid-November.
Running back Brian Robinson is questionable with bruised ribs, so Nick Saban said he wants to see the other Alabama running backs split carries against the Golden Eagles. He also wants to develop more consistency at the wide receiver position.
All week, Saban has been complimentary of the Southern Miss defense which is 12th in the country in yards per game allowed.
One name to look out for on Southern Miss is starting running back Frank Gore Jr. He's the son of legendary running back Frank Gore and leads the Golden Eagles in rushing.
Where: Bryant-Denny Stadium
When: 6:30 p.m. CT
TV: SEC Network
Radio: Crimson Tide Sports Network (Play-By-Play: Eli Gold, Analyst: John Parker Wilson, Sideline: Rashad Johnson) CTSN or on Sirius/XM 81
Weather forecast: Sunny with a high in the high 70s and a low in the high 60s.
Series info: Alabama and Southern Miss last met September 21, 2019, a Crimson Tide win that extended its series lead to 35-6-2. The last Southern Miss win in the series was a 21-0 game at Legion Field in 2000.