Offseason means roster and staff influx in college football. Names and faces, titles and organizations changed in a matter of seemingly days.
Georgia in the middle of that influx right now.
Reports have already surfaced that wide receivers coach Cortez Hankton is the top remaining target for Brian Kelly at LSU. And now, it could be offensive coordinator Todd Monken heading back to the NFL and defensive backs coach Jahmile Addae potentially heading elsewhere.
Monken has a track record of moving. He's been an offensive coordinator for nearly two decades in college and professional football, and he's never been at one place longer than four seasons. This is a pattern with him and he's certainly coveted among NFL circles.
As for Addae, when he was hired at the University of Georgia it was clear he was a rocketship in the country industry. This is a 37-year old football coach that has been ascending the coaching latter as a defensive backs coach and is destined for likely more. Coordinator or potential assistant coordinator jobs are likely next on the table for Addae.
As for who could replace addae, a name has already surfaced. Travaris Robinson, currently the Miami Hurricanes defensive backs coach, Robinson has a long history with Will Muschamp.
NFL Draft Declarations Update:
January 12th, 2022 - Georgia RB James Cook declares for the 2022 NFL Draft.
TRANSFER PORTAL UPDATE
- January 12th, 2022 - Sources confirm Georgia DB Jalen Kimber is in the NCAA transfer portal
- January 12th, 2022 - Georgia WR Justin Robinson has requested to enter the portal according to sources.
- January 11th, 2022 - Georgia WR Jaylen Johnson has entered the NCAA Transfer Portal according to sources
- Janaury 11th, 2022 - Sources confirm DB, Ameer Speed has entered the NCAA Transfer portal
The conclusion of this season now sparks the conversation of players who are draft-eligible and could be leaving the program to chase their dreams of becoming an NFL player. It also creates the question of players who could possibly be returning for another season as a Georgia Bulldog, and with the additional year of eligibility granted by NCAA due to COVID-19, things are gonna get messy.
The following players listed below are ones who have obtained the required three years in college football and are eligible to enter the 2022 NFL draft:
- Warren McClendon, OL, RS Sophomore
- George Pickens, WR, Junior
- Nolan Smith, LB, Junior
- JT Daniels, QB, Junior
- Kenny McIntosh, RB, Junior
- Lewis Cine, S, Junior
- Nakobe Dean, LB, Junior
- Tykee Smith, DB, Junior
- Travon Walker, DL, Junior
- Warren Ericcson, OL, Junior
- John Fitzpatrick, TE, Senior
- James Cook, RB, Senior *declared for NFL Draft
- Zamir White, RB, Senior
- Quay Walker, LB, Senior
- Kearis Jackson, WR, Senior
- Ameer Speed, DB, Senior *Entered Transfer Portal
- Jaylen Johnson, WR, Senior *Entered Transfer Portal
- Derrion Kendrick, DB, Senior
- Stetson Bennett, QB, Senior
- Christopher Smith, DB, Senior
- William Poole, DB, Senior
- Robert Beal Jr, LB, Senior
- Latavious Brini, DB, Senior
- Channing Tindall, LB, Senior
- Justin Shaffer, OL, Senior
- Jamaree Salyer, OL, Senior
- Jake Carmada, P, Senior
- Julian Rochester, DL, Senior
- Devonte Wyatt, DL, Senior
- Jordan Davis, DL, Senior
You Might Also Like:
- Scouting Notebook: What We Learned About UGAs Future at All-American Bowl
- Georgia Offense Key to Success is Spreading The Wealth
- Todd Hartley Recognized as Tight End Coach of the Year
Join the community
Follow Brooks Austin on Twitter: @BrooksAustinSI
Subscribe to our YouTube Page HERE
You can follow us for future coverage by clicking "Follow" on the top right-hand corner of the page. Also, be sure to like us on Facebook @BulldogMaven & follow us on Twitter at @BulldogsSI.