Kyle Schwarber's bat has continued to stay hot, and the Chicago Cubs are benefiting from it. The former Indiana star had a double and a walk on Sunday and scored two runs in the Cubs' 9-1 victory at Wrigley Fied.
Schwarber, the Cubs' left-fielder, had a hit in all three games this weekend, the first of the season that was delayed by the COVID-19 pandemic. Schwarber is one of four former Hoosiers baseball players currently in the major leagues.
Josh Phegley, Schwarber's teammate on the Cubs, saw his first action on Sunday. He came in for Victor Caratini and batted twice, walking and scoring a run and striking out. This is Phegley's first season with the Cubs.
The two other Hoosiers in the big leagues are outfielder Alex Dickerson and pitcher Caleb Baragar of the San Francisco Giants. Neither played in the Giants' 3-1 victory over the Los Angeles Dodgers.
The Giants are off on Monday. Schwarber, Phegley and the Cubs travel to Cincinnati for a 6:40 p.m. ET game with the Reds.
- New York Yankees 3, Washington 2
- Miami 11, Philadephia 6
- Detroit 3, Cincinnati 2
- Tampa Bay 6, Toronto 5, 10 innings
- Cleveland 9, Kansas City 2
- Baltimore 7, Boston 4
- Seattle 7, Houston 6
- Minnesota 14, Chicago White Sox 2
- Pittsburgh 5, St. Louis 1
- Chicago Cubs 9, Milwaukee 1
- Colorado 5, Texas 2
- Oakland 6, Los Angeles Angels 4
- Arizona 4, San Diego 3
- Atlanta 14, New York Mets 1
- San Francisco 3, Los Angeles Dodgers 1
- MLB standings, CLICK HERE
- Los Angeles Angels at Oakland, 3:40 p.m. ET
- Arizona at San Diego, 4 p.m.
- Toronto at Washington, 6:05 p.m.
- Chicago Cubs at Cincinnati, 6:40 p.m.
- Atlanta at Tampa Bay, 6:40 p.m.
- New York Yankees at Philadelphia, 7:05 p.m.
- Milwaukee at Pittsburgh, 7:05 p.m.
- Chicago White Sox at Cleveland, 7:10 p.m.
- Kansas City at Detroit, 7:10 p.m.
- Seattle at Houston, 7:10 p.m.
- Baltimore at Miami, 7:10 p.m.
- New York Mets at Boston, 7:30 p.m.
Related baseball stories
- HOOSIERS IN THE PROS: There are four former Indiana players on major-league rosters on Opening Day, and three others have been assigning to alternate locations, hoping for a chance to get called up. CLICK HERE
- JULY 25 ROUNDUP: Baragar gets first big-league win for Giants CLICK HERE
- JULY 24 ROUNDUP: Schwarber singles in first at-bat of season. CLICK HERE
- JULY 23 ROUNDUP: Dickerson has two singles for Giants. CLICK HERE