BLOOMINGTON, Ind. — Indiana will look to get back to its winning ways next Saturday with a rare road game at Western Kentucky. The Hoosiers have opened as a 10-point favorite in the game, according to the SISportsbook.com website.
The over/under is 62.5.
Indiana is 1-2 so far this season, but both losses are to teams ranked in the top-8 in the country right now. Iowa, a 34-6 winner over Indiana in the season opener, is ranked No. 5 and Cincinnati is ranked No. 8. The Bearcats beat Indiana 38-24 in Bloomington on Saturday.
Western Kentucky is 1-1 so far this season, and had last week off. The Hilltoppers beat Tennessee-Martin 59-21 in their season opener in Bowling Green, Ky., and lost last week at Army, falling 38-35.
Western has back-to-back games against Big Ten teams, with a game against Michigan State the following week.
Indiana and Western Kentucky were scheduled to play in Bloomington last year, but all of the Hoosiers' nonconference games were cancelled because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Western was 5-7 a year ago.
There is some early flexibility on the betting line for this game. For instance, on the Fanduel.com site, the Hoosiers are only 8.5-point favorites. On the Draftkings.com site, Indiana is a 9-point favorite.
Related stories on Indiana football
- TOM BREW COLUMN: Indiana linebacker Micah McFadden was ejected for targeting late in the first half on Saturday, and the Hoosiers defense fell apart after he left in a disappointing 38-24 loss to No. 8 Cincinnati. CLICK HERE
- GAME STORY: Three wasted trips into the red zone hurt Indiana in a disappointing 38-24 loss to No. 8 Cincinnati on Saturday at sold-out Memorial Stadium in Bloomington. CLICK HERE
- ASSOCIATED PRESS POLL: Penn State moves up four spots to No. 6 after an impressive win over Auburn and Michigan State joins the rankings after an impressive upset victory on the road over Miami. There are six Big Ten teams in the top-25 rankings. CLICK HERE
- LIVE BLOG: Relive all the big plays in real time and see all the highlights in ouir live blog from Saturday' Indiana-Cincinnati game. CLICK HERE
- INDIANA SCHEDULE: Here is the complete 2021 Indiana football schedule, with links to game stories, report cards and Tom Brew columns from the first three games thus far. Game times and TV information is available as well, where applicable. CLICK HERE