East Lansing, MI – It's official!
Five out of seven game times and television details for Michigan State basketball's non-conference schedule have been finalized following Sunday's announcement about the matchup vs. Notre Dame.
Saturday, Nov. 28, will be an exciting day for Spartan fans, considering the football program takes on Northwestern before MSU basketball faces the Fighting Irish at 8 p.m. on Big Ten Network.
Non-Conference Games: Tip-off Times, TV Details
- Nov. 25: vs. Eastern Michigan (6 p.m. EST / Big Ten Network)
- Nov. 28: vs. Notre Dame (8 p.m. EST / Big Ten Network)
- Dec. 1: @ No. 9 Duke (7:30 p.m. EST / ESPN)
- Dec. 4: vs. Detroit Mercy (5 p.m. EST / Big Ten Network)
- Dec. 6: vs. Western Michigan (6 p.m. EST / Big Ten Network)
- Dec. 9: @ No. 4 Virginia (TBD)
- Dec. 13: vs. Oakland (TBD)
Michigan State hasn't played Detroit Mercy since 2001, meeting just four times since Tom Izzo took over as head coach despite leading the all-time series 45-16.
The Spartans have played against Notre Dame 96 times, but only twice since a 1979 Elite Eight game.
The Fighting Irish hold a 60-36 advantage, including a 79-78 overtime victory against MSU in 2014.
Tell us what you think in the comment section below.
Want the latest breaking MSU news delivered straight to your email for FREE? Sign up for the DAILY Spartan Nation newsletter when you CLICK THE MAGAZINE ICON at the top left of the page or the FOLLOW button back on the main page. Don't miss any of the latest up to the second updates on Michigan State Sports when you follow on Twitter @HondoCarpenter @McLainGrant1