WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. — The Big Ten Conference announced the matchups for the 2021 rendition of the Big Ten / ACC women's basketball challenge Tuesday. After the annual challenge was not played in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this year features 14 games.
This upcoming season, Purdue women's basketball will play Georgia Tech on Wednesday, Dec. 1, at Mackey Arena.
The 2021 Challenge will take place beginning Wednesday, Dec. 1, with Big Ten schools Minnesota, Purdue and Wisconsin hosting their ACC counterparts that evening. Nebraska, Ohio State and Rutgers will play on the road.
The following night, on Thursday, Dec. 2, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland and Michigan State will serve as the Big Ten host schools, while Iowa, Michigan, Northwestern and Penn State will play at ACC stadiums.
The last time the Challenge was played in 2019, the Big Ten earned its first victory over the ACC by a 9-5 margin. A majority of the 2019 Challenge games were tightly-contested matchups, with 10 of the 14 contests decided by 10 points or fewer.
The complete schedule of the home and away matchups can be found below.
2021 Big Ten/ACC Women’s Basketball Challenge
Wednesday, Dec. 1
- North Carolina at Minnesota
- Nebraska at Wake Forest
- Ohio State at Syracus
- Georgia Tech at Purdue
- Rutgers at Pittsburgh
- Virginia Tech at Wisconsin
Thursday, Dec. 2
- Florida State at Illinois
- NC State at Indiana
- Iowa at Duke
- Miami at Maryland
- Michigan at Louisville
- Notre Dame at Michigan State
- Northwestern at Clemson
- Penn State at Boston College
Stories Related to Purdue Basketball
- JADEN IVEY PROJECTED AS A FIRST-ROUND NBA DRAFT PICK: Before stepping onto the court for his sophomore campaign, Purdue guard Jaden Ivey is being projected as a first-round talent in next year's NBA Draft. He averaged 11.1 points, 3.3 rebounds and 1.9 assists per game last season. CLICK HERE
- WHY TREVION WILLIAMS RETURNED: Purdue center Trevion Williams talks about why decided to pull out of the 2021 NBA Draft and return to the Boilermakers for another season. CLICK HERE
- BIG TEN PLAYERS SIGN NBA FREE AGENT DEALS: After the conclusion of the 2021 NBA Draft, several Big Ten basketball players have signed undrafted free agent deals. More will look for their opportunity to play professionally in the days following draft night. CLICK HERE
- SEVEN BIG TEN PLAYERS TAKEN IN 2021 NBA DRAFT: Michigan forward Franz Wagner was the only Big Ten player selected in the first round of the 2021 NBA Draft on Thursday night. Six different league players were taken in the second round. CLICK HERE