WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. — After rising to No. 2 in the national polls, Purdue basketball faces off against Florida State in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge on Friday night inside Mackey Arena. Tip-off is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. ET.
- HOW TO WATCH: If you are interested in how to watch from home, simply CLICK HERE for streaming information, starting lineups and nuggets on the game.
Purdue is on a three-game homestand following two ranked victories in the Hall of Fame Tip-Off Tournament. The team took down Omaha 97-40 on Friday. The Boilermakers are 6-0 for just the third time under head coach Matt Painter. A win over Florida State would give Purdue just its seventh 7-0 start since 1940.
Here's how our LIVE BLOG works. We'll keep you updated on everything that goes on in the game in real time, keeping you up to date on rotations, scoring plays and trends. Highlights will be included as they become available.
9:28 p.m. ET, FINAL — Purdue defeats Florida State 93-65 and moves to 7-0 on the season.
9:16 p.m. ET — Florida State takes a timeout as Purdue takes an 83-59 lead. There's 4:46 left in the game, and the Boilermakers now have four players in double figures.
9:04 p.m. ET — Purdue now has a 20-point lead after Sasha Stefanovic buries a 3-pointer. Now that the Seminoles are finding themselves in foul trouble, the Boilermakers are running away with it.
Stefanovic has just six points, but he's added. a team-high six assists. Purdue is on a 12-0 run, leading 71-51 with 8:32 to play.
9:02 p.m. ET — Mackey Arena is going nuts as Caleb Furst gets a block off the backboard and a rebound during a fastbreak from Florida State. He's headed to the line after a foul.
8:53 p.m. ET, UNDER 12 — Trevion Williams provided a big boost to the energy here in Mackey Arena. As Florida State was scratching and clawing its way back into the game, he pokes the ball away and dives on the floor for possession.
Call goes in favor of Purdue as a Florida State player touched the ball while out of bounds, and Williams hits on the other end to put the lead back to double digits. The Boilermakers lead 59-48 with 11:46 left to play in the game.
8:50 p.m. ET — Florida State has cut the lead to nine points. Purdue hasn't scored in nearly three minutes.
8:43 p.m. ET, UNDER 16 — Florida State is keeping itself away from disaster, as it has all game long. Despite being down by double digits, the Seminoles have hit four of their last five shots.
Purdue has a 55-41 lead with 15:36 remaining in the second.
8:41 p.m. ET — Jaden Ivey remains perfect from beyond the arc. He nails a deep 3 to bring his scoring total to 16. Purdue has a 53-39 lead with 16:45 left in the second half.
8:38 p.m. ET — Second half underway, starting off with a lob from Sasha Stefanovic and a dunk from Zach Edey. The 7-foot-4 sophomore also came away with a block on the other end of the court.
8:20 p.m. ET, HALFTIME — Purdue leads Florida State 48-32. Jaden Ivey leading the way with 13 points, four rebounds and two assists. Isaiah Thompson and Brandon Newman have each added eight for the Boilermakers.
Purdue finished the half with seven turnovers.
8:17 p.m. ET — First missed shot of the day for Jaden Ivey comes off a full-court pass from Trevion Williams. Ivey had no one in front of him, but he misses the dunk in the open court.
8:15 p.m. ET — Brandon Newman hits a 3-pointer, giving Purdue a 13-point lead. Jaden Ivey on the assist.
8:09 p.m. ET, UNDER 4 — Purdue has made eight of its last 10, and in that stretch, Florida State forward Malik Osborne was warned against flopping while defending Trevion Williams.
The Seminoles aren't letting the Boilermakers run away quite yet, but it's a 39-28 game with 3:54 remaining in the first half. Jaden Ivey has made all four of his shots from the field and leads the team with 11 points.
8:01 p.m. ET, UNDER 8 — Purdue and Florida State have combined for 11 turnovers in the first half. Neither team has a scorer in double figures as the Boilermakers hold a 31-23 lead with 6:58 remaining in the first half.
7:57 p.m. ET — Purdue goes on an 8-0 run, which included back-to-back 3-pointers from Isaiah Thompson, to stretch its lead to double digits. Florida State gains some traction with shots from the free-throw line, but the Boilermakers are up 11 with less than 10 minutes to play in the first half.
7:51 p.m. ET, UNDER 12 — Purdue has had some messy offensive possessions. The team is lucky to have just three turnovers in the first nine minutes. The Boilermakers have made five of their last seven shots from the floor, giving them a 19-14 lead with 11:48 left to play in the first half.
7:49 p.m. ET — Brandon Newman gets two Seminoles to close in on him from 3-point range with a shot fake, but he takes his dribbles and makes a contested layup while getting fouled. His free throw was good.
7:47 p.m. ET — Florida State calls a timeout after Jaden Ivey buries his third 3-pointer of the game. The sophomore has a team-high nine points, and Purdue has a 16-9 lead with 13:07 left in the first half.
Zach Edey has four and Trevion Williams has two, while Caleb Furst has one.
7:44 p.m. ET — Caleb Furst at the line, and Brandon Newman checks into the game as well. Florida State is pressing Purdue quite often early on, not a whole lot of offensive momentum for the Boilermakers.
7:42 p.m. ET — Trevion Williams and Eric Hunter Jr. check into the game for Purdue.
7:38 p.m. ET, UNDER 16 — Jaden Ivey is already showing up in front of an energized Mackey Arena crowd. He's hit two 3-pointers and has swatted away two Florida State shots.
Purdue leads 10-5 with 15:40 left to play in the first half.
7:33 p.m. ET — Shot clock running down, Jaden Ivey takes a deep 3-pointer and nails it to give the Boilermakers a 5-2 lead in the first two minutes.
7:31 p.m. ET — Florida State wins the tip, and on its first possession Jaden Ivey comes away with a block for Purdue. Zach Edey with the first points of the game on the other end.
The Seminoles are down two big men in this game, so it'll be important to get Edey the ball inside.
PREGAME — Purdue is back to the same starting five its used for the majority of the season tonight against Florida State:
- Freshman forward Caleb Furst
- Sophomore center Zach Edey
- Junior guard Isaiah Thompson
- Sophomore guard Jaden Ivey
- Senior guard Sasha Stefanovic
Stories Related to Purdue Basketball
- FLORIDA STATE TO BE WITHOUT 3 PLAYERS: Florida State will be without three scholarship players when it plays No. 2 Purdue on Tuesday night at Mackey Arena. The Seminoles enter the matchup at 5-1 on the season. CLICK HERE
- PURDUE RANKED SECOND IN AP POLL: Purdue basketball moved up to No. 2 in the AP Top 25 poll, matching the highest ranking in school history. The team was previously ranked No. 3 in the nation after claiming victories over North Carolina and Villanova in the Hall of Fame Tip-Off Tournament. CLICK HERE
- BIG TEN/ACC CHALLENGE SCHEDULE: The Big Ten has dominated the Big Ten/ACC Challenge over the past dozen years, and conference pride is at stake once again with the annual event starting Monday. There are 14 games this year, two on Monday, and six more each on Tuesday and Wednesday. Here are all the game times and TV information, plus the latest on the point spreads. CLICK HERE
- JADEN IVEY TO JOIN SASHA LIVE! PODCAST: Sophomore guard Jaden Ivey, a potential All-American candidate this season for Purdue's highly regarded basketball team, will join teammate Sasha Stefanovic for this week's episode of the Sasha Live! podcast. Fans are welcome to come to Mad Mushroom Pizza in West Lafayette to watch the 7 p.m. ET show live and get pictures and autographs afterward. CLICK HERE