Minnesota Vikings 2020 NFL Draft Live Blog, Updates
The 2020 NFL Draft is finally here. After months of speculation, rumors, and predictions, we're about to actually find out who the Vikings will take in what is a crucial draft for their short-term and long-term outlook.
There has been buzz about trading up in the first round and buzz about trading back, and the team has been linked to all sorts of prospects. Now we get to see what Rick Spielman has up his sleeve.
Whether you're watching this weekend's festivities – which begin Thursday at 7 p.m. central on ESPN, ABC, and NFL Network – or following along online, keep it right here for live updates during all three days. Make sure to regularly hit refresh to see the latest.
To join the discussion in the comment section below, create an account by clicking the "follow" button in the upper righthand corner of this page. You can sign up with Google or Facebook, and both are completely free.
If you're looking for things to read before and during the draft, I've assembled all the preview content you could possibly need.
- Vikings Seven-Round Mock Draft 5.0: One Last Attempt
- Vikings Seven-Round Mock Draft 4.0: Two Trades in the First Round
- Vikings Seven-Round Mock Draft 3.0
Mock draft roundup
- Final Cornerback Tiers
- Final Wide Receiver Tiers
- Final Offensive Tackle Tiers
- Final Defensive Tackle Tiers
- Interior Offensive Line Prospects Who Fit the Vikings' Zone-Blocking Scheme
- Three Middle-Round Defensive Ends With Athletic Upside
- Three Slot Corners The Vikings Could Take in the Middle Rounds
- Five Late-Round Developmental QBs the Vikings Could Target
Rick Spielman presser takeaways
- Part 1: Trading Down, Trevon Diggs, Offensive Line and More
- Part 2: Overall Approach, Punt Returners, Day 2/3 Options and More
Assorted preview content
- Analyzing the Needs of the Teams Surrounding the Vikings in the First Round
- Eight Players the Vikings Could Trade Up For in the First Round
- Four Realistic "Trade Up" Partners for the Vikings in the First Round
- Three Pairs of College Teammates the Vikings Could Take in the First Round
- Four Players the Vikings Shouldn't (or Won't) Draft in the First Round
- Why The Vikings Won't Take a Defensive End in the First Round
- Should the Vikings Target Jake Fromm in the Middle Rounds of the Draft?
- Will the Vikings Select Any Gophers in the 2020 NFL Draft?
Happy draft weekend, folks!
Thursday, April 23 - Round 1
7:35 p.m. – Joe Burrow goes No. 1 to the Bengals, Chase Young goes No. 2 to Washington, and we're underway!
7:40 p.m. – The Lions took Ohio State CB Jeff Okudah at No. 3. There had been talk of them trading the pick, but Okudah is a great selection.
8:30 p.m. – Not many surprises thus far. CJ Henderson goes to the Jaguars at No. 9 and Jedrick Wills to the Browns at No. 10.
8:50 p.m. – We have our first trade, and all of the big four tackles are off the board. The Bucs move up one spot to take Tristan Wirfs at No. 13. As for receivers, Henry Ruggs went at No. 11 but CeeDee Lamb and Jerry Jeudy are still on the board.
9:10 p.m. – Clemson corner AJ Terrell goes to the Falcons at No. 16, which is higher than expected.
9:35 p.m. – Ohio State CB Damon Arnette going to the Raiders at 19 is the first shocker of the draft.
10:10 p.m. – The Vikings picked up a fourth and a fifth by moving back from 25 to 31 in a deal with the 49ers.
10:25 p.m. – The Packers just traded up to get Utah State QB Jordan Love with the 26th pick. Wow.
Friday, April 24 - Rounds 2 and 3
Join the conversation at InsideTheVikings by clicking the follow button in the upper right-hand corner of this page (mobile users, tap the bell icon), and follow @WillRagatz on Twitter.