TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — The NCAA Tournament is finally here which means the slate is wiped clean. What happened in the past no longer matters, and each team is trying to get to Oklahoma City for the Women's College World Series.
The sixth-seeded Crimson Tide kicks off the NCAA Tournament against Chattanooga. It is also the first game of the Tuscaloosa Regional.
Alabama lost five of its last eight games coming into the tournament, but the program holds an NCAA record 43 straight games won in regional play.
First pitch for the Tide and Mocs is scheduled for 3 p.m., and the game will be broadcast on SEC Network.
BE SURE TO REFRESH YOUR BROWSER FOR THE VERY LATEST UPDATES!
(latest updates at the top)
FINAL: No. 6 Alabama 3, Chattanooga 0
- A popup ends the game. Alabama wins 3-0
- Fouts' seventh strikeout of the game goes for the second out.
- An infield single puts two runners on with one out.
- Strikeout goes for the first out.
- Leadoff single for Chattanooga goes for the first hit allowed by Fouts since she entered in relief.
END 6: Alabama 3, Chattanooga 0
- Dowling flies out to right for the final out of the inning.
- Prange draws a two-out walk, her second walk of the day.
- Johnson, Goodnight, Prange due up for the Crimson Tide.
MID 6: Alabama 3, Chattanooga 0
- Quick three up, three down inning for Fouts.
END 5: Alabama 3, Chattanooga 0
- Barnhart grounds out to end the inning as Alabama leaves the bases loaded for the second inning in a row.
- Bloodworth walks to load the bases with two outs.
- Chattanooga will make another pitching change. The Mocs turn to junior Hannah Wood. Alabama makes a change as well. Savannah Woodard comes in to run for Lord.
- Lord drops a hit down the left field line to score Gidley. Alabama pushes the lead to 3-0.
- Shipman singles through the left side for her second hit in as many innings. Runners on the corners with one out.
- Gidley steals second to put a runner in scoring position for Shipman.
- Dowling draws a one-out walk, and M'Kay Gidley comes in to pinch run for her.
- Prange, Dowling and Shipman due up for the Crimson Tide.
MID 5: Alabama 2, Chattanooga 0
- Fouts' fourth strikeout in relief ends the top half of the fifth. Chattanooga has now left seven runners on base.
- A single through the right side puts runners on first and second with two outs.
- Fouts bounces back with a strikeout. Two outs.
- Prange makes an error on a groundball to third to give the Mocs a one-out baserunner.
- Fouts still in the circle for the Crimson Tide to begin the fifth.
END 4: Alabama 2, Chattanooga 0
- Heivilin strikes out swinging to strand the bases loaded, but Alabama finally gets on the scoreboard in the fourth.
- Patrick Murphy turns to freshman Kali Heivilin to pinch hit for Goodnight.
- Johnson draws a walk to load the bases for the top of the order.
- Barnhart grounds out, but the runners move into scoring position with two outs.
- A sacrifice fly from Bloodworth scores Shipman from third. Alabama 2-0
- Tow walks to load the bases. Bloodworth coming up to the plate.
- Chattanooga will make a pitching change. Parrot goes out, and freshman Izzy Alley enters with two runners on.
- Lord is hit by a pitch to put two runners on with no outs for Tow.
- Shipman follows it up with a single up the middle.
- Leadoff home run for Bailey Dowling. She crushes a high pitch over the left field wall to give Alabama the 1-0 lead.
- It was Dowling's team leading 10th home run of the year, and Alabama's first hit of the game.
MID 4: Alabama 0, Chattanooga 0
- A swinging strikeout ends the frame, stranding the two runners on base.
- Fouts strikes out the first batter she faces. Two outs.
- And Montana Fouts will enter for Salter with two runners on.
- A hard-hit single from Phillips puts two Chattanooga runners on with one out. Pitching coach Stephanie van Brakle Prothro goes out to the circle for a lengthy meeting.
- One-out walk for the Mocs.
END 3: Alabama 0, Chattanooga 0
- Prange grounds out, and Alabama can't take advantage of the leadoff runner. Crimson Tide is hitless through three.
- Goodnight lays down a sac bunt to move Barnhart to second with two outs.
- Johnson pops out on the sac bunt attempt. She is now 1-for her last 33.
- Barnhart is hit by a pitch to lead off the third.
- 8-9-1 coming up for Alabama with the Crimson Tide still looking for its first hit.
MID 3: Alabama 0, Chattanooga 0
- A popup gets Alabama out of the inning to strand the runner at second.
- After retiring the first two batters, Salter gives up a two-out double.
END 2: Alabama 0, Chattanooga 0
- Three up, three down for the Crimson Tide in the second.
MID 2: Alabama 0, Chattanooga 0
- Salter makes quick work of Chattanooga after the single.
- Another leadoff single for the Mocs, this time from Lipari.
Bottom 1- Alabama batting
END 1: Alabama 0, Chattanooga 0
- The walk is the only baserunner from the Crimson Tide. No hits or runs for Alabama in the first.
- Prange walks on four pitches to give Alabama a one-out baserunner.
- Goodnight strikes out in her first appearance as the leadoff batter in over a month.
Top 1- Chattanooga batting
MID 1: Alabama 0, Chattanooga 0
- A flyout and groundout retire the next to batters on two pitches, and nothing comes of the leadoff single. Salter needs just five pitches to get through the first inning.
- A sac bunt moves the runner over to second with one out.
- Coltharp singles up the middle on the next pitch for a leadoff single for Chattanooga.
- First pitch from Salter is a ball, and this game is underway from Rhoads.
- Both Jaala Torrence and Alex Salter are warming in the bullpen, but Salter gets the nod in the circle.
- Dallis Goodnight gets her first spot in the leadoff spot since April 11.
- Aubrey Barnhart is making just her 10th start of the year and first since April 23 against Texas A&M.
Alabama Starting Lineup (41-11)
1. Dallis Goodnight- CF
2. Ashley Prange- 3B
3. Bailey Dowling- SS
4. Ally Shipman- C
5. Jenna Lord- RF
6. Kaylee Tow- 1B
7. Megan Bloodworth- 2B
8. Aubrey Barnhart- DP
9. Jenna Johnson- LF
Starting Pitcher- Alex Salter (4-0, 2.24)
Chattanooga Starting Lineup (29-25)
1. Emily Coltharp- 2B
2. Kailey Snell- SS
3. Reagan Armour- DP
4. Acelynn Sellers- 1B
5. Olivia Lipari- LF
6. Kailia Phillips- 3B
7. Presley Williamson- C
8. Gracey Kruse- CF
9. Adison Keylon- RF
Starting pitcher- Brooke Parrott (15-7, 2.48 ERA)