The Florida State Seminoles return home after a BYE week to face off with the Massachusetts Minutemen on Saturday afternoon. The Seminoles are riding a two-game winning streak after dominating North Carolina two weeks ago. For the first time this season, this team has some legitimate momentum as it enters the second half of the year. They'll be looking to stay hot against a Minutemen team that is statistically one of the worst in college football.
Massachusetts is 1-5 with its lone win coming against UConn, who is the worst team in college football. Under former Florida State offensive coordinator Walt Bell, the Minutemen hold a bottom-10 offense and the fifth-worst rushing defense in the country. The Seminoles should be able to take advantage of UMass on the ground and with their talented defensive front.
One thing's for sure, the weather will be nice. It's projected to be 79 degrees at kickoff and there's no rain on the forecast in what should be a beautiful afternoon in Tallahassee.
NoleGameday is on-site to provide live updates throughout the day on NoleGameday.com and our Twitter.
DB Renardo Green is not dressed out. Meiko Dotson is dressed along with Brendan Gant.
Starting safety Sidney Williams will not be available for today's game.
Starting OL Devontay Love-Taylor is dressed out and warming up. We'll keep an eye on him to see if he'll be playing today or if Baveon Johnson will take his place.
RB Treshaun Ward is currently catching punts during warmups.
Warmups have finished and the Seminoles are headed back to the locker room. Kickoff is next in Doak Campbell Stadium.
- UMass defers and Florida State will receive.
- Travis Jay fumbles on the opening kickoff and UMass recovers.
- The Minutemen lose yards on the possession but are able to connect on a 45-yard field goal to take a 3-0 lead with 13:53 to play in the quarter.
- Jordan Travis rolls out of the pocket and keeps it himself, cutting up the opposite side of the field for a 41-yard gain.
- Jashaun Corbin drags multiple defenders with him on a 21-yard carry.
- Ontaria Wilson drops a pass over the middle that would've been a touchdown.
- Travis finds Camren McDonald on an out route to get inside the ten.
- Travis on a quarterback keeper to the left side for an easy touchdown. Florida State takes the lead on a 6 play, 75-yard drive.
- Ryan Fitzgerald makes the extra point and FSU leads 7-3 with 11:37 remaining in the first quarter.
- Defensive back Kevin Knowles makes a great read to come up and tackle a receiver before the screen play can get going. UMass will punt.
- Florida State takes over at its own seven-yard line.
- Lawrance Toafili makes an appearance in the backfield and goes up the left sideline for 38 yards.
- Wilson makes up for the drop on the first drive with an acrobatic catch downfield that nets 35 yards.
- FSU stalls in the red zone and is forced to kick a field goal. Ryan Fitzgerald converts from 36-yards out to make it 10-3. 4:45 to play in the first quarter.
- Amari Gainer makes a solid play to bring a runner down near the line of scrimmage.
- True freshman defensive backs Kevin Knowles and Omarion Cooper have been flashing early on.
- Jarvis Brownlee drops an interception.
- Florida State takes back over after a UMass punt.
- The Seminoles lead 10-3 at the end of the first quarter.
- Florida State has a third and four from its own 12.
- Travis hits Malik McClain outside the hashes and the true freshman breaks a tackle before cutting it up for 51 yards. He was almost gone.
- Jashaun Corbin runs through an arm tackle and explodes for a 29-yard touchdown. Florida State goes 94 yards in just 6 plays.
- The Seminoles lead 17-3 with 13:31 to play until half.
- Jarvis Brownlees delivers a huge hit on the running back to bring up second down.
- Florida State gets the stop on third down but Amari Gainer roughs the passer. Keir Thomas isn't happy with him.
- The Seminoles get pressure on the quarterback and he throws an interception to Jammie Robinson. FSU takes back over at the 20.
- Another big run, this time by Treshaun Ward for 23-yard gain while running over a defender.
- Treshaun Ward breaks away on an RPO for another touchdown run by the offense.
- Florida State leads 24-3 with six minutes left until the break.
- The defense forces another punt.
- Florida State goes right down the field and DJ Williams gets his first touchdown in garnet and gold.
- The Seminoles lead 31-3 with 1:13 remaining in the first half.
- UMass returns the kickoff past midfield and has good field position.
- Jarvis Brownlee jumps a route for an interception and returns it for a touchdown. WOW!
- Florida State takes a dominating 38-3 lead with halftime coming up.
- UMass will receive the ball first.
- SACK! DJ Lundy comes up from his linebacker spot and lays a huge hit on the quarterback. UMass will punt again.
- FSU takes over at its own 5.
- Darius Washington is being helped off the field with an injury. FSU lost Dillan Gibbons earlier in the contest.
- An offensive pass-interference penalty sets FSU back and it'll punt for the first time today.
- Massachusetts will start the drive at its own 27.
- Chubba Purdy is warming up. Jordan Travis might be done for the day.
- Purdy enters the game. This is his first action of the season.
- Corbin finds a hole up the middle for 25 yards.
- Chubba Purdy goes over the middle Darion Williamson for a first down.
- Purdy hooks up with Cam McDonald, who breaks a tackle and gets in for a touchdown.
- Florida State leads 45-3 with 4:49 left in the third quarter.
- Amari Gainer forces a fumble on the ensuing kickoff and DJ Lundy comes away with it. Florida State has the ball just outside of the red zone.
- Lawrance Toafili gets into the endzone, becoming the fifth different Seminole to score a rushing touchdown today.
- Florida State leads 52-3.
- Kalen DeLoach comes off the edge to make a tackle for loss.
- Marcus Cushnie brings down the quarterback for a sack.
- Purdy and Andrew Parchment connect for 38 yards.
- Florida State leads 52-3 at the beginning of the final quarter. The Seminoles are inside the Massachusetts 40.
- Purdy hits Parchment again inside the 10.
- Purdy finds a wide-open Jordan Young. He's 5/5 for two touchdowns today.
- The Seminoles take a 59-3 lead with just under 13 minutes to play.
- Jarrett Jackson and Derrick McClendon combine for a sack.
- Marcus Cushnie comes away with his second sack of the afternoon.
- Florida State gets a turnover on downs.
- Tate Rodemaker is in.
- The Seminoles punt and UMass takes over with a few minutes remaining.
- FSU holds UMass on fourth down and this one is over.
- Rodemaker takes two knees to run the clock out. Florida State wins 59-3 and has now won three straight games.
What's next for the Florida State Seminoles? Join thousands and don't miss out on any breaking news or recruiting latest by signing up for our FREE newsletter that will have breaking news sent straight to your email inbox!
Follow Dustin Lewis on Twitter