As the Georgia Bulldogs and Crimson Tide were nearing the half at the SEC Championship, Alabama wide receiver John Metchie has exited the contest with an apparent lower-body injury.
Georgia opened the game borderline flawlessly. They forced multiple stops and scored the game's first ten points. They were in control until a 3rd & 2 from Alabama's 33-yard line, Bryce Young hit Jameson Williams for a 67-yard touchdown pass. Bama went on to score another 10 points in the half.
But Georgia answered back with a shot of their own. Driving 75 yards on 3 plays, culminating in a 32-yard catch and run by wide receiver Ladd McConkey.
It was shortly after that on the impending Alabama possession where Metchie was injured in what appeared to be a non-contact fashion.
UPDATE: It appears John Metchie will not return to the game.
- QB, JT Daniels (Lat) - IN
- WR, George Pickens (Knee) - IN
- RB, Kenny McIntosh (Hamstring) - IN
- RB, Kendall Milton (Knee) - OUT
- WR, Kearis Jackson (Ribs) - Questionable
- DL, Devonte Wyatt (Knee) - IN
- EDGE, Nolan Smith (Elbow) - IN
- OT, Jamaree Salyer (Foot) - Probable
- DB, Chris Smith (Knee) - Probable
- WR, Jermaine Burton (Groin) - IN
- WR, Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint (Ankle) - IN
- WR, Justin Robinson (Hamstring) - IN
- WR, Dominick Blaylock (Hamstring) - IN
- WR, Arian Smith (Leg) - OUT
- OL, Tate Ratledge (Foot) - OUT
- DB, Tykee Smith (Knee) - OUT
- CB, Jalen Kimber (Shoulder) - OUT
- LB, Rian Davis (Quad) - OUT
You Might Also Like:
- Lincoln Riley's Move to USC Impacts Georgia
- WATCH: Kirby Smart Unleashing Epic Halftime Speech
- Nick Saban Speaks Highly of Georgia's Defense Ahead of SEC Championship
Join the community
Follow Brooks Austin on Twitter: @BrooksAustinSI
Subscribe to our YouTube Page HERE
You can follow us for future coverage by clicking "Follow" on the top right-hand corner of the page. Also, be sure to like us on Facebook @BulldogMaven & follow us on Twitter at @BulldogsSI.