Another Sunday has come and gone with NFL Week 7 in the books just short of Monday night’s collision between the New Orleans Saints and the Seattle Seahawks.
On a mostly light slate in terms of marquee matchups, one of the biggest games of the day took place among the top two teams in the AFC North with the 5-1 Baltimore Ravens hosting the 4-2 Cincinnati Bengals.
These two teams feature a plethora of former Sooners but it was the running back tandem that Oklahoma fans know so well that stole the show.
Joe Mixon and Samaje Perine shared the backfield in Norman during the 2015 and 2016 seasons and are teammates a second time at the next level after Perine was claimed off waivers by the Bengals in 2019.
Alongside quarterback Joe Burrow and a bevy of receiving talent, Mixon and Perine have helped Cincinnati blossom into one of the most fun offenses to watch work in the entire NFL under head coach, and Norman-native, Zac Taylor.
Sunday was no different as the Bengals proclaimed to the rest of the league that their 4-2 start was no fluke and they are a legitimate contender in the AFC with a 41-17 shellacking of the Ravens in Baltimore.
Mixon and Perine both contributed to the cause, scoring a touchdown each and combining for 111 yards on 23 carries.
As Sooners, Mixon and Perine were both highly productive as well despite having to split carries.
Over his three seasons, Perine amassed an astounding 4,122 yards - the most in Sooners program history. Highlighted, of course, by the single-game NCAA rushing record performance against Kansas in 2014 when he totaled an absurd 427 yards on the ground.
Mixon, meanwhile, ran for 2,027 yards along with 894 yards receiving in his two seasons donning the crimson and cream.
Now, the two former Sooners teammates are helping lead the charge on one of the biggest surprises in the league through the first seven weeks.
As for the rest of the former Sooners in the NFL, here is a recap of how they did in Week 6:
(31-5 W vs Houston)
- QB Kyler Murray: Completed 20 of 28 passes 261 yards, longest pass 47 yards, 3 touchdowns, 1 interception, 6 rushes for 10 yards
- DL Jordan Phillips: 1 solo tackle, 1 pass deflection, played 23 of 56 defensive snaps
(41-17 L vs Cincinnati)
- TE Mark Andrews: 3 receptions on 7 targets for 48 yards, longest reception 24 yards, played 50 of 73 offensive snaps
- WR Marquise Brown: 5 receptions on 14 targets for 80 yards, longest receptions 39 yards, 1 touchdown, played 63 of 73 offensive snaps
- OT Adrian Ealy: DNP (Practice Squad)
- OG Ben Powers: Received start at left guard, played all 73 offensive snaps
- OT Cody Ford:
- OT Daryl Williams:
(38-3 L at Tampa Bay)
- RB Damien Williams: 3 rushes for 5 yards, longest rush 4 yards, played 11 of 66 offensive snaps
(41-17 W at Baltimore)
- LB Jordan Evans: DNP (IR List)
- RB Joe Mixon: 12 rushes for 59 yards, longest rush 21 yards, 1 touchdown, played 34 of 63 offensive snaps
- RB Samaje Perine: 11 rushes for 52 yards, longest rush 46 yards, 1 touchdown, 1 reception on 1 target for 23 yards, played 30 of 63 offensive snaps, 21 special teams snaps
(17-14 W vs Denver on Thursday Night)
- QB Baker Mayfield: DNP (Inactive)
- WR CeeDee Lamb:
- DT Neville Gallimore:
(28-19 L at LA Rams)
- CB Parnell Motley: DNP (Practice Squad)
- K Austin Seibert: 4 for 4 on field goal attempts, longest field goal 47 yards, 1 for 1 on extra points
Kansas City Chiefs
(27-3 L at Tennessee)
- TE Blake Bell: Played 6 of 72 offensive snaps, 7 special teams snaps
- OT Orlando Brown: Received start at left tackle, played all 72 offensive snaps
- C Creed Humphrey: Received start at center, played all 72 offensive snaps
- LS James Winchester: 4 special teams snaps
Las Vegas Raiders
(33-22 W vs Philadelphia)
- DT Gerald McCoy: DNP (Out for Season with Injury)
Los Angeles Chargers
- LB Kenneth Murray:
Los Angeles Rams
(28-19 W vs Detroit)
- OT Bobby Evans: DNP
- LB Ogbonnia Okoronkwo: 1 solo tackle, played 21 of 69 defensive snaps, 1 special teams snap
- WR Dede Westbrook:
New England Patriots
(54-13 W vs NY Jets)
- DE Ronnie Perkins: DNP (Inactive)
- RB Rhamondre Stevenson: DNP (Inactive)
New Orleans Saints
(W 13-10 at Seattle on Monday Night)
- WR Kenny Stills: 0 receptions on 3 targets, played 32 of 74 offensive snaps
New York Giants
(25-3 W vs Carolina)
- WR Sterling Shepard: DNP (Inactive)
(33-22 L at Las Vegas)
- QB Jalen Hurts: Completed 18 of 34 passes for 236 yards, longest pass 27 yards, 2 touchdowns, 13 rushes for 61 yards, longest rush 16 yards
- OT Lane Johnson: Received start at right tackle, played 58 of 69 offensive snaps
- DB Tre Norwood:
San Francisco 49ers
(30-18 L vs Indianapolis)
- LB Curtis Bolton: DNP (Practice Squad)
- RB Trey Sermon: 11 special teams snaps
- OT Trent Williams: DNP (Inactive)
(13-10 L vs New Orleans on Monday Night)
- CB Tre Brown: 3 solo tackles, played 50 of 74 defensive snaps, 5 special teams snaps
(27-3 W vs Kansas City)
- DE Amani Bledsoe: DNP (Inactive)
Washington Football Team
(24-10 L at Green Bay)
- P Tress Way: 3 snaps as holder
Want to join the discussion? Click here to become a member of the AllSooners message board community today!
Follow AllSooners on Twitter to stay up to date on all the latest OU news.