WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. — For the Lafayette Aviators, it was Purdue Day on Thursday at Loeb Stadium. The summer league baseball organization invited the Boilermakers' head football coach Jeff Brohm to toss the first pitch before the game.
The Aviators also invited linebacker Will Chapman to sing the National Anthem.
Scenes from the field, including Brohm's pitch and a portion of the National Anthem, can be seen in a Tweet below.
The Lafayette Aviators are a Summer Collegiate League baseball team in the Prospect League. They are 9-3 on the season and face off against the Johnstown Mill Rats.
Recent Stories from Boilermakers Country
- BIG TEN DAILY, JUNE 10: Matt Schembechler and former Michigan players will spoke to the media at 1 p.m., former Penn State fullback Brian Milne battles life-threatening disease and Wisconsin Athletics introduces NIL readiness program. Here's the latest from around the Big Ten. CLICK HERE
- DAVID BOUDIA LEADS 3-METER TRIALS: Former Purdue diver David Boudia has a two-list score of 889.70 to lead the 3-meter at the U.S. Olympic Team Trials. Sunday's final is scheduled for 6:35 p.m. ET live on NBC. CLICK HERE
- PURDUE TRIO EARNS ACADEMIC HONOR: Purdue football's George Karlaftis, Rondale Moore and Brennan Thienemen were honored as first-team Academic All-District 5. CLICK HERE
- PURDUE COMMITS PLAY IN INDIANA ALL-STAR GAME: Caleb Furst and Trey Kaufman-Renn helped lead the way to victory in the Indiana Junior-Senior All-Star game on Wednesday. Brian Waddell also found time on the floor for the seniors, while Fletcher Loyer and Braden Smith played for the junior squad. CLICK HERE
- PURDUE PROS: Former Purdue star E'Twaun Moore logged six minutes in the Suns' 123-98 victory over the Nuggets on Wednesday. He recorded seven points, one rebound and one assists. CLICK HERE