INGLEWOOD – This is the live in-game update page for the Chargers' 2022 season opener against the Raiders at SoFi Stadium. This page will undergo updates in real time with information and analysis from the press box.
- Chargers beat the Raiders, 24-19
- 4:18 pm: Justin Herbert takes a knee.
- 4:15 pm: Khalil Mack sacks Derek Carr for the third time. Chargers take over on downs.
- 4:11 pm: Joey Bosa and Morgan Fox sack Derek Carr.
- 4:05 pm: Nate Hobbs breaks up Justin Herbert's third down pass intended to Mike Williams, forcing the Chargers to punt. The Raiders take over with 3:30 left in regulation.
- Score Update: Chargers 24, Raiders 19
- 4:00 pm: Raiders don't convert on the two-point try.
- 3:58 pm: Two plays later, Derek Carr hits Davante Adams for a touchdown. Adams is now up to nine catches for 129 yards and a score.
- 3:55 pm: 31-yard play from Derek Carr to Darren Waller sets the Raiders up at the 3-yard line.
- 3:51 pm: Dustin Hopkins misses wide left on the 49-yard field goal attempt. Raiders take over near midfield with 7:33 left, down 11.
- 3:45 pm: Derek Carr is intercepted for the third time today — this one coming from CB Bryce Callahan.
- 3:40 pm: After review, the officials say Samuel’s momentum carried him into the end zone. The Chargers get the ball at the 2-yard line.
- 3:37 pm: Asante Samuel Jr. picks off Derek Carr’s deep pass into the end zone intended to Davante Adams.
- Score Update: Chargers 24, Raiders 13
- 3:24 pm: Daniel Carlson converts on the 55-yard field goal attempt, cutting into the Chargers' lead.
- Score Update: Chargers 24, Raiders 10
- 3:11 pm: Early impressions indicate the Chargers are going to get more out of the tight end position this year with Gerald Everett’s contributions. Justin Herbert hits Everett for an 18-yard touchdown. Everett now up to three catches for 54 yards and a score.
- 3:05 pm: Chargers WR Keenan Allen (hamstring) has been downgraded to out.
- 3:03 pm: Davante Adams has 7 catches for 116 yards. The Raiders’ second leading receiver has 18 yards. It’s been the Davante Adams show for the Raiders offense. The Chargers haven’t had an answer when they look his way.
- Score Update: Chargers 17, Raiders 10
- 2:59 pm: Derek Carr finds Brandon Bolden for an 18-yard touchdown to start the third quarter.
- 2:55 pm: Nobody in sight by Davante Adams as he breaks free. Play goes for 41 yards and the Raiders are knocking on the door to open up this third quarter.
- Score Update: Chargers 17, Raiders 3
- 2:37 pm: Justin Herbert hits DeAndre Carter on a rope for a 23-yard touchdown.
- 2:31 pm: Drue Tranquill picks off Derek Carr’s intended pass to Darren Waller. Chargers take over from the Las Vegas' 31-yard line with 57 seconds remaining until halftime.
- 2:29 pm: Khalil Mack sacks Derek Carr for the second time in the first half.
- 2:28 pm: Justin Herbert tries falling forward for the QB sneak on 4th and 1, but gets stopped short for no gain. Raiders take over.
- 2:23 pm: 37-yard connection from Justin Herbert to DeAndre Carter. Carter was the big play guy throughout training camp.
- 2:14 pm: Khalil Mack walks Raiders RT Jermaine Eluemunor back into Derek Carr to bring him down for a sack.
- Score Update: Chargers 10, Raiders 3
- 2:07 pm: The Chargers first touchdown of the 2022 season goes to fullback Zander Horvath, as Herbert hits him in the flat for a 1-yard score.
- 1:59 pm: Chargers strike on their first splash play downfield, as Herbert hits Allen for 42 yards that sets them up inside the 10-yard line.
- 1:56 pm: Through two drives, the Chargers run defense has looked good (allowed 10 yards on five rushing attempts).
- 1:51 pm: Chargers initially show they’re going for the 4th down attempt before changing course and bring out their punting unit. They down JK Scott’s punt at the 2-yard line as the Raiders offense takes over.
- Score Update: Chargers 3, Raiders 3
- 1:45 pm: Raiders go 70 yards on 14 plays before settling for a field goal and tying things up at 3-3.
- 1:41 pm: The Derek Carr-Davante Adams connection is working quite well early on, connecting three times for 54 yards.
- 1:38 pm: Derwin James delivers a heavy hit on Derek Carr for a 7-yard sack, making it 2nd and 17.
- Score Update: Chargers 3, Raiders 0
- 1:34 pm: Chargers opening drive comes to an end. Dustin Hopkins converts on the 43-yard field goal to put the Chargers on the board.
- 1:31 pm: On 3rd and 8 at midfield, Justin Herbert hits Gerald Everett for a 25-yard pickup.
- 1:25 pm: The Raiders won the toss and defer. The Chargers offense will be due up first.
- Date and time: Sunday, Sept. 11 at 1:25 p.m. PT
- Location: SoFi Stadium
- TV: KCBS-LA in Los Angeles and Orange County, KFMB in San Deigo County
- Streaming: NFL Sunday Ticket and FuboTV
- Radio: ATL FM-98.7, featuring Matt "Money" Smith, Daniel Jeremiah and Shannon Farren
- Chargers: CB J.C. Jackson, TE Donald Parham Jr., QB Easton Stick, RB Isaiah Spiller, CB Kemon Hall, OL Brenden Jaimes, DL Breiden Fehoko
- Raiders: DE Tashawn Bower, DT Matthew Butler, DT Neil Farrell Jr., LB Darien Butler, RB Brittain Brown, S Isaiah Pola-Mao
More from Charger Report
- Chargers vs. Raiders Week 1 Inactives
- Pregame Report: Chargers vs. Raiders Week 1
- Chargers vs. Raiders Game Day Betting Odds: Week 1 Point Spread, Moneyline, Over/Under
- Chargers vs. Raiders Week 1: Game Prediction
- Chargers' Khalil Mack Preview the Start of a New Chapter Ahead of 2022 Season Opener
Nick Cothrel is the publisher of Charger Report. Follow Nick on Twitter @NickCothrel for more Chargers coverage.