TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — For the third time in two days, Alabama and Stanford are once again meeting on the softball diamond, this time for a spot in Super Regionals.
Montana Fouts is back in the circle for the second straight game, and fifth appearance of the weekend.
The game is only being streamed on ESPN+.
BE SURE TO REFRESH YOUR BROWSER FOR THE VERY LATEST UPDATES!
(latest updates at the top)
Final: Stanford 6, Alabama 0
Alabama finishes its season at 44-13 and will not advance to the NCAA super regionals for the first time in school history.
- Aubrey Barnhart grounds out to end the game. Stanford wins 6-0.
- Abby Doer keeps Alabama alive with a two-out single to left.
- Pinch-hitter K.J. Haney grounds out to first while Lord moves to second. Alabama is down to its final out.
- Kaylee Tow strikes out in what will likely be her last at-bat inside Rhoads Stadium.
- Jenna Lord leads off the bottom of the inning with a single.
- Clements gets a strikeout to end the inning as Stanford leaves the bases loaded. Alabama needs six runs in the bottom of the inning to keep its season alive.
- Kaitlyn Lim legs out a bunt single, followed by an RBI single from Aly Kaneshiro to make it 6-0 Stanford.
- Allie Clements is in to pitch for Alabama. Montana Fouts' final line is: 61/3 innings pitched, five runs, four earned, two walks, two strikeouts.
- Stanford scores three runs on a single up the middle by Sydnee Huff. The Cardinal leads 5-0, and the fans are heading for the exits.
- Alabama is walking Taylor Gindlesperger to load the bases with one out.
- A sacrifice bunt from Dani Haynes moves the runners over.
- Johnna Schroeder singles to left
- Emily Schultz leads off the inning with an infield single
- Ally Shipman flys out to center field, and Alabama leaves Johnson on first base.
- Bailey Dowling pops out to shallow right for the second out.
- Prange lines out to pitcher Alana Vawter for the first out.
- Jenna Johnson walks to lead off the bottom of the inning for Alabama. Ashley Prange represents the tying run at the plate.
- Sydney Steele flys out to deep left to end the inning. Stanford leads 2-0 heading into the bottom of the sixth.
- Dallis Goodnight makes a run-saving catch in center field for the second out of the inning.
- Aly Kaneshiro delivers a two-double to center, and Stanford takes a 2-0 lead.
- A sacrifice bunt from Kaitlyn Lim moves runners to second and third with one out.
- Sydnee Huff singles to left, and Stanford has runners on first and second with no outs.
- Taylor Gindlesperger leads off the inning with a single to right.
- Following a fly out from Dallis Goodnight, Woodard is through out trying to steal second. We head into the sixth tied at 0-0.
- Savannah Woodard reaches first on an error by Stanford third baseman Sydney Steele.
- Kat Grill strikes out to lead off the bottom of the fifth.
- Montana Fouts retires the side in order. She's thrown 12 scoreless innings today.
- Alabama goes down in order in the bottom of the fourth. It's still scoreless heading to the fifth inning.
- Bailey Dowling and Megan Bloodworth turn a double play to help Alabama get out of the jam. It's still 0-0 heading into the bottom of the fourth.
- Stanford strings together back-to-back infield singles with one out in the top of the fourth.
- Bailey Dowling lines out to short to end the inning and Alabama leaves two runners on. It's still 0-0 heading to the fourth inning.
- Johnson steals second, and Ashley Prange draws a walk. Alabama has two on and two outs for Bailey Dowling.
- Johnson singles to right to keep the inning alive.
- Goodnight was called out for leaving the base early before Johnson's fly out, so Johnson will remain at the plate with two outs and no one on.
- Jenna Johnson flys out to right. Stanford should have had Goodnight doubled off but right fielder Kaitlin Lim over threw first.
- Dallis Goodnight pokes a one-out single to right field.
- Savannah Woodard strikes out to lead off the bottom of the third.
- Montana Fouts gets a fly out to escape the jam. Heading to the bottom of the third its still 0-0.
- Tayler Gindlesperger grounds out to third and is unable to advance the runner.
- A sacrifice Dani Haynes moves pinch-runner Elle Eck to second base with one out.
- Johhnna Schroeder leads off the top of the third with a single to left field.
- Megan Bloodworth strikes out to strand Shipman at third.
- A sacrifice bunt moves Shipman to third before a ground ball to second advances her to second base.
- Ally Shipman is hit by a pitch to lead off the bottom of the second.
- Montana Fouts retires the side in order, and we head to the bottom of the second inning with the score still at 0-0.
Bottom 1 - Alabama batting
- Alabama goes down in order in the bottom of the first inning.
Top 1- Stanford batting
- Fouts gets out of the inning by getting Aly Kaneshiro to line out to third.
- Stanford head coach Jessica Allister was very unhappy with the called third strike.
- Kaitlyn Lin strikes out looking for the second out of the inning.
- Montana Fouts strikes out Syndee Huff for the first out of the inning.
- Gindlesperger steals second base. Stanford has a runner on second with no outs.
- Stanford's Taylor Gindlesperger leads off the game with a walk.
- The first pitch from Fouts is a strike, and this game is underway.