BLOOMINGTON, Ind. – You knew it was coming. It had to. It was just too easy.
When ESPN's "College Gameday'' show live from Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa, got to its weekly "You Had One Job'' segment, it was a no brainer that the Indiana Hoosiers would make an appearance after last week's blunder at Iowa when Adidas misspelled Indiana on freshman running back David Holloman's jersey.
It said "INDINIA'' on the front of Holloman's jersey.
"How about misspelling Indiana on the jersey? You had one job, get it right.
"That's horrible. That guy's probably looking for work,'' analyst David Pollak said.
Indiana has been embarrased about the mishap all week. It was amazing that no one saw it before the game. The school even tweeted out a photo during the pregame hype that had Holloman in it. They quickly deleted the tweet about, but others were quick to catch it.
And coach Tom Allen joked about it on Monday, checking the spelling of Indiana on his hat prior to starting his weekly press conference.
Indiana was included in the segment along with the lights going out at Utah State in Logan, Utah, Miami breaking out the "Turnover Chain'' even though they were losing to Alabama 27-0, and a clown fan trying to eat a jar of mayonnaise during the Georgia-Clemson game in Atlanta, which was sponsored by Duke's Mayo.
In the final picks segment, actor Ashton Kutcher, a huge Iowa Hawkeyes fans, called for the upset and former Indiana coach Lee Corso did the same, donning the Hawkeyes headgear.
Related stories on Indiana football
- HOW TO WATCH INDIANA'S GAME: Indiana opens its home schedule on Saturday night, so here's how to watch, with gametime, TV channel, announcers and more. CLICK HERE
- THREE THINGS TO SEE: Here are three things that HoosiersNow.com publisher Tom Brew wants to see from Indiana during Saturday night's home opener with Idaho. CLICK HERE
- BIG TEN POWER RANKINGS: Ohio State remains No. 1 in the Big Ten power rankings, but there was a lot of shuffling right behind them after several interesting and impressive crossover victories. CLICK HERE
- HOW TO WATCH ALL 14 LEAGUE GAMES: The Big Ten schedule is full this weekend, with 14 nonconference games, including two top-12 matchups, something that hasn't happened in nearly 30 years. CLICK HERE
- INDIANA O-LINE LOOKING TO IMPROVE: Indiana offensive line coach Darren Hiller addressed the media Wednesday, and he expects better play from the Hoosiers' O-line come Saturday. CLICK HERE
- WATCH SECOND MIKE & MICAH PODCAST: Indiana quarterback Michael Penix Jr. threw three interceptions for the first time in his career in the 34-6 loss to Iowa, and he talked about what went wrong during Tuesday night's Mike & Micah podcast live from Yogi's Bar & Grill in Bloomington. CLICK HERE
- HOOSIERS OUT OF TOP 25: Indiana was ranked No. 17 in the Associated Press preseason poll but fell out of the rankings quickly after a 34-6 loss to Iowa. Here are this week's top-25 rankings. CLICK HERE