Rams general manager Les Snead strikes again.
The Rams are finalizing a deal to bring wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. to L.A., according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.
Beckham cleared waivers following his release of the Browns, making him a free agent as the Rams scoop up the three-time Pro Bowler. Beckham weighed his options, not singing immediately, and while the Rams weren't the team initially reported to be the front runner to land him, Beckham joins an already stacked wide receiver group that includes the likes of Cooper Kupp, Robert Woods and Van Jefferson to name a few.
While injuries have been a problem in recent seasons for Beckham, it's a low-risk move for the Rams, as they already have two high-end pass-catchers to rely on if health doesn’t permit.
Darrell Henderson: Should Rams Trade RB?
Exploring why it might make sense for the Rams to trade Henderson this season.
'Appreciate His Greatness': How Do Peers Feel About Rams DT Aaron Donald?
Donald was once again ranked as the league's best defensive tackle.
Rams Allen Robinson Details 'Cohesive Relationship' with Matthew Stafford
Stafford's elbow injection has kept him from building a pass-and-catch relationship with Robinson so far, but the two have remained vocal with one another
Based on the Rams' depth at wide receiver, this is a move that unequivocally elevates the group from top to bottom. The team needed additional depth after Tutu Atwell suffered a season-ending shoulder surgery and the recent departure of DeSean Jackson.
As a member of the Browns, Beckham caught 114 passes for 1,586 yards and seven touchdowns over the course of a three-year span.
More from Ram Digest:
- Rams at 49ers: How to Watch, Listen and Stream
- Two Rams Listed Among PFF's Top Free Agent List
- Former Rams WR Josh Reynolds Claimed by Lions
- Los Angeles Rams' 2021 Midseason Awards
- Rams Sign DB Antoine Brooks to Active Roster, DE Jonah Williams to Practice Squad
- Why the Rams Should Consider Pursuing WR Josh Reynolds Following Release From Titans
- SI Power Rankings: Where do the Rams sit in Week 10?
- Rams at 49ers Opening Odds: Point Spread, Over/Under, Moneyline
- Sean McVay on if He'd Kick the Tires on Odell Beckham Jr.: 'I Would Never Say Never'