On Friday, New Orleans Saints starting left guard Andrus Peat will undergo season-ending surgery to his pectoral muscle, per Nick Underhill.
Peat and Armstead created a formidable tackle-guard tandem for New Orleans. The 3x-Pro Bowler has started 79 out of 84 career games with the Saints. Peat, 27, became New Orleans' first-round pick of the 2015 NFL Draft out of Stanford.
Guard Calvin Throckmorton will assume Peat's duties in the Saints offensive-line lineup.
On March 23, 2020, New Orleans signed Andrus Peat to a five-year, $57.5 million contract.
New Orleans has not listed a roster transaction regarding Peat's injury.
Read More Saints News
- A First Look a the Bucs vs. Saints
- Quick Takes from Sean Payton's Thursday Presser
- Game Balls from the Victory in Seattle
- Saints Trade Deadline Targets
- Alvin Kamara Names NFC Offensive Player of the Week - Week 7
- Report: Andrus Peat Feared to Have Torn Pec
- Wil Lutz Announces He Won't Return in 2021
- Saints Survive Seahawks on Monday Night Football
- What the Saints Said After Monday's Win