Crimson Tiide Roll Call: July 30, 2020
Today is ... National Cheesecake Day
BamaCentral Headlines ...
- Former Alabama Lineman Josh Swords Details Fight with COVID-19
- ACC Announces 10 Conference Game Plus One Football Schedule Model, SEC Close to Making Decision
- Cary Clark's Greatest Games: 1993 Ole Miss
- Are Big-Time Sports Even Possible Without a Bubble Approach?
- Evaluating Alabama Commit, SI All-American 2021 WR Agiye Hall
- Crimson Tikes: Byrneing Down the Bacon
- Alabama AD Greg Byrne Pens Letter to Tide Pride Members, Informs Fans of Potential Refunds
- All Things Bama Podcast: What will the ACC, SEC, and Big 12 Decide on the 2020 Season?
Did you notice?
- Former Alabama catcher Alex Avila recorded an RBI-single in the Minnesota Twins' 3-0 victory over the St. Louis Cardinals last night.
- Ronnie Harrison II, former Crimson Tide defensive back became a father yesterday to a baby boy. Congrats to him and his family!
- Derrick Henry cracked the top 10 of the NFL's Top 100 Players list coming in at No. 10. That is 89 spots better than where he was before last season.
- Former Crimson Tide pitcher Matt Foster received the call up to the big leagues on Wednesday for the Chicago White Sox.
- Tua Tagovailoa has been medically cleared and is full go without limitations whenever practices starts for the Miami Dolphins.
- Alabama freshman guard Joshua Primo has gained a lot of muscle since arriving on campus back in June as seen in the photo below:
Countdown to the Crimson Tide’s 2020 opener:
38 days (tentative)
On this date in Crimson Tide history:
July 30, 1990: Sam Bailey, a long-time chief aide to Paul W. “Bear” Bryant, died at Druid City Hospital after a battle with cancer. Besides serving as an assistant coach at Alabama from 1958-72, Bailey was associate athletic director until his retirement from the department in 1987.
Crimson Tide quote of the day
“I’m not as smart as other coaches. I have to work harder.” – Paul W. “Bear” Bryant.