TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — After opening the Tuscaloosa Regional with a 3-0 victory over Chattanooga on Friday, Alabama will look to remain in the winner’s bracket as it takes on Stanford. The Cardinal won its opening game with a 3-1 victory over Murray State on Friday.
Alabama holds an NCAA record with 44 consecutive wins in regional play. The Crimson Tide now stands two wins away from advancing to its 17th straight NCAA super regional.
First pitch between Alabama and Stanford is scheduled for 2 p.m. CT and will be broadcast on ESPN2.
Follow below for updates from the game.
(latest updates at the top)
FINAL: Stanford 6, No. 6 Alabama 0
- Bloodworth flies out, and this game is over. Alabama us shut out for the second time in the last three games.
- After a strikeout and flyout, Alabama is down to its final out.
- Leadoff walk for Jenna Lord.
- Stanford strings together three straight singles to load the bases before scoring its sixth run on a fielder's choice to left field. It's 6-0, Stanford.
- Stanford leaves the bases loaded. Alabama will need six runs to keep its NCAA regional winning streak alive.
- Alabama gets a leadoff single from Jenna Johnson but can't do anything with it. The Crimson Tide is three outs away from seeing its NCAA regional snapped.
- Alex Salter is coming in for Montana Fouts with two outs and a runner on second base. Fouts was hit in the face by a throw from catcher Ally Shipman.
- Salter gets a groundout to escape the jam. It's still 5-0 Stanford.
- Alabama goes down in order in the bottom of the fifth. The Crimson Tide has not recorded a hit since the first inning.
- Stanford leads off the inning with a pair of singles.
- An RBI single from Aly Kaneshiro makes it 4-0 Stanford.
- The Cardinal adds another run an RBI groundout. 5-0 Stanford.
- Another 1-2-3 inning for Alabama in the bottom of the fourth. The Crimson Tide trails Stanford 3-0 and is running out of time to get runs on the board.
- Montana Fouts records a 1-2-3 inning in the top of the fourth. Since her rough first inning, she has allowed just one base runner — an infield single from Emily Young in the third inning.
- Ashley Prange reaches on a throwing error, but Ally Shipman grounds out into an inning-ending double play. Stanford leads 3-0 heading to the fourth.
- Stanford gets an infield single but can't capitalize.
- Alabama goes down in order in the bottom of the second. Stanford leads 3-0 heading to the third.
- Montana Fouts records a much-needed 1-2-3 inning. Stanford leads 3-0 heading into the bottom of the second.
- Alabama leaves two runners on base in the first as it can't capitalize on a single from Ally Shipman and a walk from Bailey Dowling.
- Stanford leads off the game with a triple to right from Taylor Gindlesperger.
- Alabama catches Gindlesperger in a rundown between third and home on a ground ball to third but she gets out of it to score the game's first run. 1-0.
- Stanford has runners on first and second with no outs following a bunt single from Kaitlyn Lim.
- A hit by pitch loads the bases for Stanford with no outs.
- Jaala Torrence and Alex Salter are warming up in Alabama's bullpen.
- Montana Fouts walks in a run to make it 2-0. Stanford still has the bases loaded with no outs.
- A sacrifice fly extends Stanford's lead to 3-0, but Alabama finally has an out.
- Alabama second baseman Megan Bloodworth guns down Aly Kaneshiro at home on a fielder's choice ground ball. Stanford has runners on first and third with two outs.
- Alabama finally gets out of the top of the first but not before Stanford takes a 3-0 lead.
Alabama starting lineup