The Nov. 2 trade deadline continues to inch closer and while the Rams have already made one move trading linebacker Kenny Young to the Denver Broncos, they may be involved in yet another move.
As first reported by NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, wide receiver DeSean Jackson and the Rams have agreed to seek out a trade ahead of the deadline, moving the veteran pass-catcher to a new team.
Rams coach Sean McVay later confirmed the news, while adding "this is all very quickly developing, this is all stuff that we're working through."
Jackson has registered just eight receptions in seven games. However, when targeted, he's beaten teams deep, averaging 27.6 yards per catch.
The Rams signed Jackson to a $4.5 million contract as a free agent, which included $2.75 million in guaranteed money.
'Where's Josh Allen Playing?': NFL Broadcasting VP on Bills-Rams Season Opener
Onnie Bose discussed on what led to the Bills-Rams season opener.
'Never Say Never': Former Ram Andrew Whitworth on Coming out of Retirement
Whitworth recently joked about the possibility of coming out of retirement.
Which Undrafted Free Agents Have Best Chance To Make Rams' Roster?
Of the 17 undrafted free agents, these two prospects could have the best chance carve out a role early in 2022 for the Rams
In seeing just 23% of the Rams' offensive snaps, Jackson presumably would like to be more involved in the offense and with Cooper Kupp, Robert Woods and Van Jefferson all ahead of him on the depth chart, Jackson has voiced his concerns and will look for a new place to call home for the 2021 season.
If the Rams successfully find a trading partner, rookie Tutu Atwell will likely see a larger role in the receiving game as he may evolve into the team's deep threat following more snaps.
More from Ram Digest:
- Rams at Texans: Brandin Cooks Downplays Facing His Former Team
- Rams Signal Confidence in Joe Noteboom if Needed to Step in at Left Tackle for Week 8
- Rams' Thursday Injury Report for Week 8 at Texans
- Raheem Morris Delivers Optimism for LB Ernest Jones' Expanded Role
- Rams at Texans Week 8 Preview
- Rams at Texans Week 8: How to Watch, Listen & Stream
- WR Van Jefferson is Carving Out His Role as the Rams' X-Factor in Second NFL Season
- Kenny Young Reflects on Rams Trading Him to Broncos