Today is ...
World Mental Health Day
Crimson Tide Results
• Volleyball: Kentucky def. Alabama 25-19, 25-15, 25-23
• Football: Texas A&M 41, Alabama 38
Today’s Crimson Tide Schedule
• Women's Tennis: ITA All-American Championships at Charleston, S.C., all day
• Men's Tennis: ITA All-American Championships at Tulsa, Okla.
• Men's Golf: SEC Match Play hosted by Jerry Pate, all day
• Soccer: Mississippi State at Alabama, 1 p.m. CT, SEC Network+, Live Stats
• Softball: Fall Ball at Lipscomb, 1 p.m.
Did You Notice?
• This is a story we've been looking for someone to do: Jonah Williams is quietly one of best tackles in NFL
• The Miami Dolphins moved defensive tackle Raekwon Davis back to the active roster off injured reserve, making him eligible to play against the Buccaneers on Sunday. He was able to return to practice Wednesday.
• Tackle Jedrick Wills Jr. (ankle) was downgraded to out and will not play for the Browns against the Chargers.
Crimson Tide Trivia Challenge
• Alabama’s streak of 100 straight wins against unranked opponents was snapped Saturday night at Texas A&M. Against which opponent did the streak originally start?
Post the correct answer on our trivia forum to be in the running for prizes.
On This Date in Crimson Tide History:
Oct. 10, 1936: Halfback Joe Kilgrow faked a punt and ran it 83 yards for the lone touchdown in Alabama's 7-0 win over Mississippi State before 17,000 screaming fans at Denny Stadium. Kilgrow also kicked the extra point after his second-quarter run as Alabama avenged a 20-7 loss the year before.
October 10, 2009: Alabama picked off four Jevan Snead passes, running back Mark Ingram Jr. rushed for 172 yards and the game's only touchdown and Leigh Tiffin hit five short field goals, one shy of the school's single-game record during a 22-3 victory at Ole Miss. The Crimson Tide's Cory Reamer also blocked a punt and recovered a fumble on a punt return.
October 10, 2005: Brodie Croyle and the Crimson Tide appeared on the cover of Sports Illustrated with the headline "Bama is Back" following Alabama's impressive home win against Florida.
October 10, 2011: "Ram! Jam! 'Bama!," with nose tackle Josh Chapman appeared on the regional cover of Sports Illustrated after the Crimson Tide pounded Florida.
Crimson Tide Quote of the Day:
"That was as fine a defensive performance in the first half as I've been around." – Nick Saban said after the 2009 Ole Miss win, when the Rebels completed just two passes and had 5 rushing yards during the first two quarters.