Hue Jackson isn't allowing Jackson State and the rest of the SWAC to have all of the recruiting fun! Grambling locked down another recruit to help its offense this weekend.
Edward Smith Commits to Grambling
GSU Recruit WR/TE Edward Smith
Edward Smith is out of South Paulding High School in Douglasville, Georgia, committed to the Tigers. The 6-2, 201-pound wide receiver/tight end/linebacker.
Hue Jackson Celebrates with Smith's Family
Jackson joined Smith in a 360 spinning video booth to announce his commitment via social media.
Smith sent me message, "And it feels so good. I have received nothing but continuous love and support on my decision from family, friends, coaches, and fans."
It's been a difficult few weeks for Smith and his family. His father and grandmother died during the time he committed to Grambling. My prayer and concern are for Edward Smith and his loved ones. Especially, with the challenges of college and football ahead in the Fall.
Grambling has assembled an impressive 2022 class of recruits, transfer portal athletes, and JUCO players.
HBCU Football Coverage
- Mark Evans II Receives Willie Roaf Award
- Jerry Rice Partners with Lay's Golden Grounds
- Is Today's NFL Black Head Coach In a 'No-Win' Situation?
- Jerry Rice on Being a Head Coach: 'It's Starting to Cross My Mind'
- FAMU's Markquese Bell Invited to the NFL Combine
- NFL and HBCU Legend Thomas Henderson Interview
- Prairie View Selects Bubba McDowell as Head Coach
- Deion Sanders, Hue Jackson, and HBCU Coaches Can Capitalize on Comments
- Celebration Bowl Attendance Outpaced Several FBS Bowl Games
- HBCU Football's Top Stories of 2021
- HBCU Coaches Are Masters in 'The Art of Flipping Recruits'
- John Madden Coached These HBCU Legends
- Deion Sanders to Rich Eisen: At Jackson State, 'We Recruit Up'