Football is right around the corner and we're at Autzen Stadium to hear from the Ducks.
Mario Cristobal will meet with the media at 12:30
- Oregon football will begin fall camp on Friday August 6
- Mario Cristobal names Anthony Brown leader in quarterback competition
- Sean Dollars "coming along very well."
- Jaylen Smith "close to being full go."
- Cristobal talked about why this fall camp will be so competitive. "Talent acquisition and player development has taken its course."
- Cristobal talked about why the Ducks didn't bring in a transfer this offseason, saying that "you use it how you need to to build your roster. The players available didn't quite fit what we needed."
- Offensive line rotation: "As many as are capable of playing. You don't put a cap on it."
- 116 players will be at fall camp.
- On losing ISM from a leadership: "Whenever you lose or gain people it's good for the person and good for the program.
- On TE position: "these are a lot of big bodies. They play so many downs and do so many things. They can all control the C gap, stretch the field in the pass game, they all do a great job on special teams."
- Terrance Ferguson and Moliki Matavao are both in the 250, 260-pound range.
Wide receiver Johnny Johnson
- Freshmen wide receivers: "They've shown a lot in spring, they're hungry, there's more to come."
- Moorhead's offense has implemented more shots and trickery
- Anthony Brown has taken on more of a leadership role this year
- On fans being back in the stadium: "That's probably the biggest thing we missed last year. There's no stadium like Autzen I'm excited."
Safety Verone McKinley
- "Things here are just super authentic. Having that family environment and being able to have conversations outside of football."
- "Steve Stephens has honed in on his playbook. He's preparing and he's ready to go."
- Talking about the guest speakers that have come to talk to the program, DeForest Buckner and Arik Armstead, guys like that have told the players this is one of the most talented teams they've ever seen. "It takes all of us."
- What excites him about this year: "Having a full offseason. We had so many early enrollees. We have young guys that can play and returning guys that have played in big games like Auburn."
- Having Marcel Yates is going to be a big part of the secondary's success and the defense as a whole. Also added that he's a defensive coordinator with the pedigree of a DB.
Matavao One of Numerous Freshmen Stepping up on Big Stage
Oregon's 2021 recruiting class made a huge stamp on the win over Ohio State.
More from Ducks Digest