NBA rumors: Latest news on injuries, contracts, more
By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
The NBA regular season is in full swing, but there are off-the-field issues surrounding a few notable players. Bulls point guard Rajon Rondo has been suspended, while Sacramento Kings forward Matt Barnes is wanted for police questioning.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• The Bulls suspended Rondo for one game for "conduct detrimental to the team." Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical reports it's because Rondo had a "heated exchange" with a Bulls assistant.
• Barnes is wanted by NYPD for questioning after an incident at a nightclub Monday morning, reports TMZ. According to the TMZ report, Barnes allegedly choked a woman and then assaulted two other people when they tried to intervene. Kings center DeMarcus Cousins was also with Barnes at the nightclub.
• The Memphis Grizzlies confirmed they've signed point guard Toney Douglas Monday. The Grizzlies are using an injury exemption to add Douglas.
• The Boston Celtics are expected to look for defense and rebounding help in the front court, reports CSN New England. As the trade deadline nears, CSNNE expects that Dallas Mavericks center Andrew Bogut will emerge as a trade target.
• Brett Brown isn't in danger of being fired by the Philadelphia 76ers, reports the Philadelphia Inquirer. The 76ers are just 4-16, but the team wants to at least see Brown work with No. 1 overall pick Ben Simmons before making any changes.
• First round pick Caris LeVert is cleared to play, the Brooklyn Nets announced. LeVert hasn't played for the Nets as he recovered from a broken foot he suffered in his final season at Michigan.
• The Indiana Pacers are opening to moving guard Monta Ellis, reports Steve Kyler of Basketball Insiders. However, Kyler doesn't know what the Pacers would be able to actually get in return.
• The Detroit Pistons will be without Reggie Bullock for 4–6 weeks, per the Detroit News. Bullock underwent meniscus surgery Saturday.