Daily Bagel: The ever-relaxed Nick Kyrgios, more
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Linda Pearce for The Age on Nick Kyrgios' relaxed personality and how he hasn't changed much since his Wimbledon run.
So open and engaging is Kyrgios that he bears precious little resemblance to the over-managed robots who populate so much of the sporting world while just taking it one week/match/yawn at a time. He is as he plays: free, natural, without inhibition.
The main memory of his outrageous surge to the Wimbledon quarter-finals: "Um, probably going to Chipotle Mexican grill every night with my friends and family. Every. Single. Day,’’ he grins. Not shaking hands with the world No.1 after you crushed him on centre court? "Nuh. Just Chipotle. It's the best place in the world.''
• Taylor Townsend and Tornado Alicia Black successfully qualified for the Citi Open. Nice effort.
• Check out The Tennis Nerds for some great quotes and coverage of last week's ATP tournament in Atlanta.
• Video: From two weeks ago, watch Andreas Haider-Maurer completely tank the last game of his 6-3, 5-7, 6-0 loss to Adam Pavlasek in the Challenger in Poznan, Poland.
• Appreciation for Sam Groth, expressed in haiku form.
• Non-tennis: Test your sports movie trivia with this quiz.