According to league sources, a pair of Tennessee State football stars will sign with the Michigan Panthers. The USFL team will add defensive backs Cory Rahman and Eddie Graham to its active roster for Week 6 action against the Birmingham Stallions on Saturday, May 21 at 6:30 PM CT.
Cory Rahman was a second-team All-OVC player who tied leading the Tigers with 65 tackles (41 solo and 24 assisted). Rahman was a participant in last week's Miami Dolphins rookie minicamp, but did not receive a contract offer from the NFL team.
In 2021, Graham had two interceptions, 35 total tackles (23 solos and 12 assists), five passed defended, and one quarterback hurry.
Per the Tennessee State Tigers website, Rahman and Graham are the seventh and eighth former TSU Tigers to either get drafted or signed as free agents during the inaugural season of the USFL.
Eddie George now has two former players on professional team rosters.
Former Tigers were selected in the first USFL Draft: Mekhi Brown, Chidi Okeke, Chris Rowland, Robert Myers, Terrell Bonds, and Brandon Haskin.
HBCU Legends NFL Draft Coverage
- Felix Harper Signs Contract with Cleveland Browns
- James Houston Interview on AllLions Podcast
- 2022 All-HBCU Players First-Round NFL Mock Draft
- Michael Badejo: Ready for the NFL Draft Call
- Top HBCU Draft Prospects for 2022
- Watch: Joshua Williams Monster Slam Dunk
- HBCU Pro Day Report: Brooks Breaks 4.3 Speed, SU Players Impressive
- Jaguars Caleb and Ja'Tyre Carter Shine at SU Pro Day
- HBCU All-Star Game Ready for Tip-Off
- HBCU All-Star Game is About 'The Culture and Legacy'
- The Significance of the HBCU All-Star Game
- Sykes and Lowery Talk HBCU All-Star Game
- HBCU All-Star Game Player Preview: Myles Carter, Delaware State