There are six former Indiana baseball players currently in the major leagues, but Kyle Schwarber of the Chicago Cubs was the only one who saw action on Wednesday.
Schwarber hit a home run, his sixth of the season, but the Cubs lost to the Detroit Tigers, 7-6. With the loss, the Cubs are now 18-12 on the season, but still lead the National League Central.
That lead is down to just two games now over the St. Louis Cardinals, because the Cubs have hit the skids of late, winning just five of their last 14 games after getting off to a hot start.
There were three MLB games postponed on Wednesday because of protests, including the San Francisco Giants' game with the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Hoosiers in the Majors
- Kyle Schwarber, Chicago Cubs: Schwarber went 1-for-5 in the Cubs' 7-6 loss to the Detroit Tigers, but the hit was a big one. He hit a solo home run in the sixth inning, his sixth of the year.
- Josh Phegley, Chicago Cubs: Phegley did not play in the 7-6 loss to Detroit.
- Aaron Slegers, Tampa Bay Rays: Slegers did not pitch in the Rays' 4-3 win over the Baltimore Orioles.
- Kyle Hart, Boston Red Sox: Hart did not pitch Wednesday in Boston's 9-1 loss to the Toronto Blue Jays. His next scheduled start is on Monday against the Atlanta Braves.
- Alex Dickerson, San Francisco Giants: Their game with the Los Angeles Dodgers was postponed.
- Caleb Baragar, San Francisco Giants: Their game with the Los Angeles Dodgers was postponed.
Best MLB video of the Day
The Atlanta Braves have overcome a slew of injuries to their pitching staff to stay in the race in the National League East, doing it with dominant hitting. The Braves have a two-game lead in the NL East, ahead of the Miami Marlins.
MLB scores, schedule and standings
Previous 'Hoosiers in the Pros' roundups
- August 25: Baragar has another perfect outing for Giants. CLICK HERE
- August 24: Schwarber singles in Cubs' win. CLICK HERE
- August 23: Schwarber's homer helps Cubs beat White Sox. CLICK HERE
- August 22: Midseason evaluations of all 6 Hoosiers. CLICK HERE
- August 20: Aaron Slegers perfect again for Rays. CLICK HERE