As the Buckeyes and Terrapins link up Saturday afternoon in Columbus, here are a few pieces of information that could be worth digesting for those looking at potential action this weekend:
SPREAD: Ohio State (-21)
MONEYLINE: Ohio State (-1600) and Maryland (+900)
* Odds courtesy of the SI Sportsbook
At the moment, 86% of bettors are laying the number and taking Ohio State to cover three touchdowns.
These teams have played six times since Maryland joined the Big Ten back in 2014. Ohio State is 4-2 ATS with the over being 6-0.
Ohio State (-42.5)
OSU - 73, Maryland - 14
Ohio State (-13.5)
OSU - 52, Maryland - 51 (OT)
Ohio State (-30)
OSU - 62, Maryland - 14
Ohio State (-28)
OSU - 62, Maryland - 3
Ohio State (-31.5)
OSU - 49, Maryland - 28
Ohio State (-6.5)
OSU - 52, Maryland - 24
* With the over on a lopsided 6-0 run, this is now the highest total for any game in the brief series history.
* This is also the highest total for any Buckeye game this fall. Previous highs were 66.5 (Akron) and 65 (Oregon), with both of those falling under.
* These two programs did not meet last year, as the game was canceled due to COVID issues.
* Maryland is 3-2 ATS this season and 3-2 UNDER. Most recently, they were blown out at home (against Iowa) as a three-point underdog.
* The Buckeyes throttled Rutgers last week as 15-point favorites on the road.
* Ohio State is just 2-5 ATS in its last seven homes games.
Be sure to check out our brand new message boards, Buckeye Forums. We'd love to have you part of the conversation during the season.
You may also like:
Be sure to stay locked into BuckeyesNow all the time!